Company of Heroes 2 Launches Free Observer Mode and Mod Tools
SEGA and Relic Entertainment are launching a brand new update for the award-winning real-time strategy game Company of Heroes 2™ adding two new community features to the game – Observer Mode and Mod Tools. The update will go live on STEAM at 2PM PST.
Observer Mode allows players to sync up and watch live multiplayer matches as they unfold. The feature will let them view games from a variety of different angles, at different speeds and player perspectives and grants access to live data that was previously inaccessible. It provides viewers the opportunity to analyze strategies and learn from the best players in the world. Players can also broadcast their feed through our integrated Twitch interface and showcase their skills to a broader audience.
Observer Mode features include:
Hundreds of viewers
- More than 500 concurrent viewers per live match
- Ability to scale up to tens of thousands for special events
- Ability to turn off UI for cinematic mode
- Information is easily displayed to quickly find the right match
- Live-casting permission can be turned on or off
- Delay slider (0 to 15 minutes)
- Password option to bypass delay
- Commander Trees, Commander abilities and cooldowns
Observing as a party
- You can invite other users to the party
- Helps to keep casting teams together and in synch
Mod Tools are an eagerly awaited addition to Company of Heroes 2’s roster of community centric features and will equip the modding community with even more opportunities to create their own custom content. Allowing players to modify existing content to refine the game experience and giving them options to establish their own win conditions and game rules will ultimately create even more and diverse content available for everyone to enjoy.
Mod Tool features include:
- Attribute Editor
- Mod Builder
- Archive Viewer
- Tuning Packs
- Win Condition Packs
For more information, please see www.companyofheroes.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Lost continent of Atlantis discovered in Atlantica Online
- The lost continent of Atlantis has been discovered in Nexon America’s Atlantica Online, free to play 3D strategy MMORPG that takes place in ...
- The Maestros World and History
- The Maestros action RTS has a fun and rich history. We wanted our world to reflect the strategic efforts of battle.
- Skara The Blade Remains Chosen for Microsoft Ventures Accelerator
- Skara: The Blade Remains announces news that it was chosen for mentoring with Microsoft in its development.