The Banner Saga Game Engine Licensed for New Title “BEDLAM”
Stoic announced today that Skyshine Games has licensed its proprietary game engine built for PC smash-hit and Geekie Award Winner, The Banner Saga to create BEDLAM, a role-playing turn-based strategy game with rogue-like elements and an epic storyline, which launched its Kickstarter campaign today.
“Stoic is excited to support BEDLAM with our engine and eager to see what Skyshine Games can do with it. We love the concept of the game and are happy that some of the ground that we broke with The Banner Saga is now going to contribute to another great project”, said John Watson from Stoic.
“The Banner Saga Engine and Tools have allowed us to hit the ground running, giving us a lot of flexibility in realizing the unique vision for our own game. Stoic has been an enormous support for us with BEDLAM and as a fellow independent developer, they have provided us with invaluable knowledge gained from their own successful experience. Skyshine Games could not have asked for a better partnership and we hope it continues for a very long time”, said John Mueller from Skyshine Games.
The Banner Saga, which recently had a price move to $19.99, is currently in the final stages of development for release on mobile later this month. Bedlam, which kicked off its Kickstarter campaign today, is scheduled for release in 2015.
For more info, visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skyshinegames/bedlam
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 Announces First Major Release and Roadmap for 2016
- ArenaNet today announced the first major update of the year coming to Guild Wars 2 and Heart of Thorns, and set a roadmap for 2016.
- Nishan Shaman, Chinese Folk Musical Odyssey Launches on App Store
- The game itself is inspired by The Tale of the Nishan Shaman which is one of the great surviving texts of Manchu literature. In this story, a
- Old School Runescape Celebrates 2nd Birthday
- Jagex, curators and creators of the popular MMORPG RuneScape have today announced that Old School RuneScape will be gaining free-to-play conte...