Elite: Dangerous Launches Beta 3
The third stage of Elite: Dangerous’ Beta test has rolled out to players, unlocking even more of the real Milky Way for exploration and introducing long-awaited features including multiple ship ownership and mining.
- Player-driven interdiction. Players can now interdict NPC ships, pulling them out of faster-than-light travel back into normal space along with the player.
- Philanthropy missions added.
- Fuel scooping from stars added. Keep a close eye on your temperature gauge as you refuel from the blazing surface of stars.
- Asteroid mining added. Cut metal and rock from asteroids using the mining laser.
- New ships added: Imperial Clipper and Federal Dropship.
- Multiple ship ownership. Long requested by the community, players can keep multiple craft docked at starports, allowing for reserve ships dedicated to combat, exploration, trading and more.
- Additional ship images added to loading screen .
- Status panel now shows faction reputation.
- New in-game controls to allow rapid switching between display screens.
- Outpost landing pads now reflect low gravity environment.
- Play area expanded to over 2,400 systems and 869,000 cubic light years of playable space.
- Improved galaxy map, with partial name searching, range display and route finding.
- Planet visuals overhaul. Planet surface types, liquids and atmospheric colours now reflect their chemical composition.
- Planets display volcanic features and complex craters can create dust ejecta. Crater frequency is dependent on atmosphere thickness.
- Ice planets now have fracture features.
- All planets now have dynamic ice caps and liquid levels.
- Asteroid belt clusters added.
- Nebulae added, visible in the sky and the galaxy map.
Look to the weekly Elite: Dangerous newsletter this Friday, 31 October for an important announcement about the next stage of the Beta. For more info, visit http://www.elitedangerous.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Phantom Chaser Review
- Phantom Chaser is a free-to-play mobile strategy game from Floppy Games for Android and iOS systems.
- Soul Seeker: New Action RPG Recieves Pre-Launch Event
- Com2uS announced today that its new 3D action RPG, Soul Seeker, is set for launch worldwide on iOS and Android later this month.
- Otherland Announces Closed Beta Weekend And Five Isle
- Gamigo has announced Otherland's first beta weekend will happen between August 31 and September 2.