Black Desert Announces ‘Black Desert: Remastered’
Pearl Abyss held a two-hour press conference last weekend, and announced the specifications and release date for “Black Desert: Remastered“. It’s planning to be an extensive overhaul of the critically acclaimed MMORPG from South Korea. The MMORPG is already a beautiful creation, but Pearl Abyss plans to produce a massive overhaul of these graphics and audio to offer a more immersive experience. At this press conference, Kwang Hyun Ko (lead graphics programmer) discussed improvements such as physically based rendering, lighting, and atmospheric scattering techniques. Black Desert also plans to utilize HDR output and improved post-processing with YEBIS middleware, alongside other optimizations (ambient occlusion, improved ocean rendering, and more). With improved game frame optimization, the new graphics remaster will not affect the recommended system requirements for Black Desert Online. The keynote also featured Audio
Director Hui Man Ryu (CROOVE) who explained several soundtrack enhancements. New folley effects have been added to make the world more lively and better reflect the Black Desert world. Last but not least the original midi score has been replaced with a full orchestral score, consisting of new compositions and arrangements. In total, over 100 pieces that cover Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon have been remastered with a total length of over 300 minutes. Three renowned full-scale European orchestras and a choir have been used in recording the music. Black Desert: Remastered is out for users of the Global Lab Testing server today, and is slated to hit the live servers on August 22nd, after regular maintenance.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes In The Sky Declares an Intercontinental Occupational War
- GamesCampus today launched its 2nd annual US vs. EU Occupational War event designed for players across the globe to fight for their nation and...
- New World of Warplanes Cinematic Video
- Wargaming has released a new cinematic trailer for its upcoming MMO, World of Warplanes.
- Fortnite World Cup Details and 100 Million Dollar Competitive Pool for 2019
- Fortnite recently had some major announcements in regards to their competitive scene, such as the first details on the Fortnite World Cup.