Black Desert Announces ‘Black Desert: Remastered’
Pearl Abyss held a two-hour press conference last weekend, and announced the specifications and release date for “Black Desert: Remastered“. It’s planning to be an extensive overhaul of the critically acclaimed MMORPG from South Korea. The MMORPG is already a beautiful creation, but Pearl Abyss plans to produce a massive overhaul of these graphics and audio to offer a more immersive experience. At this press conference, Kwang Hyun Ko (lead graphics programmer) discussed improvements such as physically based rendering, lighting, and atmospheric scattering techniques. Black Desert also plans to utilize HDR output and improved post-processing with YEBIS middleware, alongside other optimizations (ambient occlusion, improved ocean rendering, and more). With improved game frame optimization, the new graphics remaster will not affect the recommended system requirements for Black Desert Online. The keynote also featured Audio
Director Hui Man Ryu (CROOVE) who explained several soundtrack enhancements. New folley effects have been added to make the world more lively and better reflect the Black Desert world. Last but not least the original midi score has been replaced with a full orchestral score, consisting of new compositions and arrangements. In total, over 100 pieces that cover Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon have been remastered with a total length of over 300 minutes. Three renowned full-scale European orchestras and a choir have been used in recording the music. Black Desert: Remastered is out for users of the Global Lab Testing server today, and is slated to hit the live servers on August 22nd, after regular maintenance.
Articles You May Enjoy
- New World of Warplanes Cinematic Video
- Wargaming has released a new cinematic trailer for its upcoming MMO, World of Warplanes.
- Netmarble Announces Plan for Global MMORPG Portal
- Netmarble, one of the most popular MMORPG publishers in Korea, just announced plans to bring their games to the global audience with an Englis...
- Forge of Gods Winter Party Update Available
- Forge of Gods has announced its Winter Party update for all platforms (Steam, Android, and Apple).