Albion Online: Now Greenlit Through Steam
Berlin-based studio Sandbox Interactive will be publishing their sandbox MMO Albion Online on Steam. A campaign to have the game Greenlit on Valve’s game distribution platform has been successfully completed.
In an effort to facilitate even easier access to their free-to-play title, Albion Online’s developers had put their MMO up to the test of public opinion on Steam Greenlight. Steam users could then vote on whether or not they’d like to see Albion Online accessible on Steam in the future. And that they did, in their droves; within a matter of days, the community had shown more than enough enthusiasm for Steam to give Albion Online the go-ahead.
“Publishing on Steam gives us another way of allowing players to jump into the world of Albion Online,” said Stefan Wiezorek, founder and CEO of developer Sandbox Interactive. “The social and community-focused functionality of Steam really speaks to the importance we place on player interactions in Albion Online.” Players who don’t use Steam need not worry; they’ll be able to access the many client versions of the cross-platform MMO through the official website as before.
For more info, visit http://albiononline.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends Season 2 World Championship announced
- Riot Games has announced the League of Legends Season 2 World Championship.
- Legion of Heroes: Now in Open Beta
- NEXON M, the creative mobile game publishing arm of Nexon Co. Ltd., has released Legion of Heroes into beta testing. Legion of Heroes is desig...
- Shotgun News 11/21: EVE, Drakensang, Neverwinter, and More!
- A daily shot of MMO news featuring the best and biggest news in the industry.