Albion Online: Now Greenlit Through Steam
Berlin-based studio Sandbox Interactive will be publishing their sandbox MMO Albion Online on Steam. A campaign to have the game Greenlit on Valve’s game distribution platform has been successfully completed.
In an effort to facilitate even easier access to their free-to-play title, Albion Online’s developers had put their MMO up to the test of public opinion on Steam Greenlight. Steam users could then vote on whether or not they’d like to see Albion Online accessible on Steam in the future. And that they did, in their droves; within a matter of days, the community had shown more than enough enthusiasm for Steam to give Albion Online the go-ahead.
“Publishing on Steam gives us another way of allowing players to jump into the world of Albion Online,” said Stefan Wiezorek, founder and CEO of developer Sandbox Interactive. “The social and community-focused functionality of Steam really speaks to the importance we place on player interactions in Albion Online.” Players who don’t use Steam need not worry; they’ll be able to access the many client versions of the cross-platform MMO through the official website as before.
For more info, visit http://albiononline.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Livelock Launch Review
- Each character is different. Their combination of strengths and weaknesses promotes teamwork and online multiplayer.
- The Aurora World Hits Closed Beta
- Testing begins for the newly designed MMO, The Aurora World.
- Ship of Heroes Completes Alpha of Character Creation Tool
- Ship of Heroes' first Alpha of the character creation tool was a rousing success! This was also the very first Alpha of the game!