Age of Empires: Castle Siege Shutting Down
Microsoft Studios has announced that it will be closing down Age of Empires: Castle Siege on May 13, 2019. The game will remain downloadable and playable until that date, when the servers will be taken offline.
Smoking Gun Interactive, the developer of the title, commented via press release:
For Smoking Gun Interactive, it has been an honor to work on Age of Empires: Castle Siege and we are truly sad to see that this is coming to an end. The team really enjoyed working on this title and had many exciting ideas on where to take it, but unfortunately that was just not possible. We hold dear the wonderful years we’ve shared with our players and that experience will remain with us forever. You all made this game very successful and we thank you for that and are grateful for the opportunity from Microsoft to have worked on such a beloved franchise.
The studio is currently working on another, unnamed strategy title, and is searching for partnership to bring it to life, utilizing the latest version of the Caliber engine that powered Age of Empires: Castle Siege.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Overhit Adds New Hero Grade in Recent Update
- Overhit dropped a mighty update today, and with it comes the brand new SSR+ Tier.
- SMITE - Horus God Review - No Justice, Just Us
- You’re going to see this again in my Set review, but I firmly stand by this: I don’t think Horus is a warrior.
- Rokh Early Access Impressions
- Rokh is another game that lets you play around in the cold sand of the red moon.