RAN Online is an MMORPG with a unique premise. Players take on the role of students in one of three rival universities and must compete with one another while surviving on campuses filled with possessed AI enemies. Unfortunately, the gameplay in Ran is not as original as the theme. The classes and combat style in the game are nearly identical to the standard fantasy MMORPGs currently available. Even though Ran Online has only recently resurfaced in the West, it has the disadvantage of being an older game, and thus suffers from poor visuals and grind-based progression.
Shaman – These students use wands to channel the spiritual energy known as Qi to heal and buff their allies. Shamans may also specialize to use Spears.
Brawler – Melee fighters who have shunned all weapons in favor of unarmed combat.
Archer – Mastering the bow requires high agility and dexterity. Students may chose to use either the short bow or long bow.
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or better
Swordsman – Formidable warriors who must be both strong and agile. Swordsmen can specialize in ‘blades’ or ‘broadswords.’
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Min Communications, Inc.
- Publisher: GameSamba (North America)
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC
- +Unique campus theme.
- +Three skill trees per class.
- +Pet system, personal shops, and equipment upgrade feature.
- -Dated graphics & gameplay.
- -Lack of direction.
- -Poor English translations.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 98/ ME/ 2000/ XP/ Vista
- CPU: Intel Pentium III 1GHz or higher
- RAM: 256 MB or more
- GPU: 64mb DirectX 3D accelerations
- HDD: 800 MB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon Nest introduces Guild Rumble
- Guild versus guild combat has now debuted in Dragon Nest.
- Kabam Acquires Games Studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games
- Kabam, Inc., today announced it has acquired Los Angeles-based games studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games. The move will expand Kabam’s glob...
- Splash Damage’s Upcoming FPS Dirty Bomb Now Exclusively on Steam
- Nexon America has announced a partnership with Valve to bring its PC first-person shooter Dirty Bomb exclusively to the Steam platform.