Team Fortress 2 Prepares Pyromania Update
In celebration of the upcoming Pyro class short release, Team Fortress 2 is launching a Pyromania Update.
The first revealed plans for the update is Doomsday. This new map sends one team on a transport mission to send recalled Mann Co. Australium to Poopy Joe’s rocket on a mission in space. The map will include 11 new achievements, including Lift-Offed, Best Case Scenario, and The Fight Stuff.
Two more days of update content will be announced this week as Valve prepares to reveal the class short.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
You read that right (presumably): the long-awaited final Meet the Team short, Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days, and we decided to assemble a massive update to celebrate it.
That only left the issue of what to call the update. Luckily, at the very moment we were thinking about it, someone turned on the radio. Guess what song was on? That’s right: ‘Safety Dance’.
“That’s a pretty catchy song,” we said. “Who sings that?” Well, we don’t want to upset you, so we won’t type it here, but suffice it to say the band that wrote ‘Safety Dance’ has the most unthinkably offensive name we’ve ever heard.
Then ‘Rock of Ages’ came on, off Def Leppard’s album Pyromania, so we turned off the radio because it wasn’t helping. Suddenly, no thanks at all to music, we came up with the name on our own: The Pyromania Update.
Day One of Pyromania reveals Doomsday, a new map with a brand new game mode that lets you relive one of the darkest days in TF history. It’s all pretty heartwrenching, until you discover you’ll get achievements, which are also detailed in today’s update.
Keep your eyes open, folks. We’ll be announcing a bunch of new stuff this week, right up until the premiere of Meet the Pyro this Wednesday.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dying Light Revisited - Hard Mode and PvP
- A few weeks ago a long awaited patch has finally seen the light and the many hardcore zombie survivors can now finally try out hard mode.
- Final Fantasy Online Experience is 'Reborn' Today
- Square Enix Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that FINAL FANTASY XIV: A R...
- 3D Printing, Map Sharing and Mega Events DLC in Latest Galactic Civilizations III Update
- Players have always been able to design their own ships, and now they can bring those creations to life using 3D printing.