Team Fortress 2 Prepares Pyromania Update
In celebration of the upcoming Pyro class short release, Team Fortress 2 is launching a Pyromania Update.
The first revealed plans for the update is Doomsday. This new map sends one team on a transport mission to send recalled Mann Co. Australium to Poopy Joe’s rocket on a mission in space. The map will include 11 new achievements, including Lift-Offed, Best Case Scenario, and The Fight Stuff.
Two more days of update content will be announced this week as Valve prepares to reveal the class short.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
You read that right (presumably): the long-awaited final Meet the Team short, Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days, and we decided to assemble a massive update to celebrate it.
That only left the issue of what to call the update. Luckily, at the very moment we were thinking about it, someone turned on the radio. Guess what song was on? That’s right: ‘Safety Dance’.
“That’s a pretty catchy song,” we said. “Who sings that?” Well, we don’t want to upset you, so we won’t type it here, but suffice it to say the band that wrote ‘Safety Dance’ has the most unthinkably offensive name we’ve ever heard.
Then ‘Rock of Ages’ came on, off Def Leppard’s album Pyromania, so we turned off the radio because it wasn’t helping. Suddenly, no thanks at all to music, we came up with the name on our own: The Pyromania Update.
Day One of Pyromania reveals Doomsday, a new map with a brand new game mode that lets you relive one of the darkest days in TF history. It’s all pretty heartwrenching, until you discover you’ll get achievements, which are also detailed in today’s update.
Keep your eyes open, folks. We’ll be announcing a bunch of new stuff this week, right up until the premiere of Meet the Pyro this Wednesday.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekend Aug 11-13
- Recently, ArenaNet announced the next Guild Wars 2 expansion in "Path of Fire". In a few days, Aug 11-13th, there will be a special...
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Galactic Strongholds Preview
- It begins with the standard fare – players purchase their apartment or stronghold for a number of credits (apartments are meant to be afford...
- Nebula Online hits Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight
- Space MMORPG Nebula Online from Komar Games is now on Kickstarter with 45 days campaign to raise funds. During this time the developers hope t...