Shards Online Hits New Kickstarter Goal
Yesterday, Shards Online hit their main goal for their second Kickstarter project, one of the hottest projects right now (according to Kicktraq.)
The team has now posted new stretch goals, which will be features crammed into alpha rather than promised at release. They include roleplayer emotes and animations, fishing, story creation tools, and an additional map.
Project Lead Derek Brinkmann says, “If Ultima Online and Neverwinter Nights had a love child, Shards Online would be the result. By combining the persistent virtual world of Ultima Online with the freedom of community run servers and the ability to act as a dungeonmaster in Neverwinter Nights, we are creating a paradise for roleplayers where you are no longer constrained by the rules handed to you by the development team.”
Shards Online’s team also notes that a female character was available in pre-alpha, rather than listed as a stretch goal (as some campaigns do). The second Kickstarter campaign began with a smaller goal that would allow the game to focus on getting to alpha.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Webzen Celebrates its 5th Anniversary of Global Game Portal
- WEBZEN has announced their 5th anniversary event celebrating 5 years since the launch of its global game portal site WEBZEN.com.
- SMITE World Champions take home $1.3 million
- American SMITE eSports team Cognitive Prime have taken home home $1.3 million after winning the first ever SMITE World Championship. The event...
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Going Free-To-Play
- BioWare has announced that it will be adding a free-to-play option for Star Wars: The Old Republic this fall.