Black Gold Online Devs Talk Faction Inspiration
Snail Games has released a new developer diary zeroing in on the artistic styles and clashing worlds that define their upcoming Steampunk Fantasy Faction Warfare MMORPG, Black Gold Online. And while at a glance some might mistakenly see it as simplistic tech vs nature warfare, a much deeper truth of inspiration exists.
Isenhorst for instance draws its background on a future western setting accented by Victorian style mixed into a society run by Steampunk mechanisms. They carry all the hope and glory of the expansionist era along with the realistic modern dread of resource monopolization and limited supplies.
Erlandir on the other hand is built out of a combination of primarily Mayan and Polynesian cultures, but with plenty of reference to lesser known tribal societies from around the world. Transforming the natural world into living weapons to defend their bountiful landscape is the driving motivation of these people, seeing Isenhorst as a sharp corruption of their ideals.
Be sure to catch the official post for more artwork and the full discussion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Firefall Update 1.3: War in the Amazon Available Today
- Red 5 Studios announces the release of Update 1.3: War in the Amazon for the MMO shooter, Firefall. This update introduces the game’s first...
- WWE Immortals Now Available for iOS and Android Devices
- WWE Immortals is a free-to-play title that features Superstar battles in a fantastically re-imagined WWE world.
- Onigiri Launch Review
- Considering how long Onigiri was in beta, the fact that some key features were still missing at the time of launch was a bit concerning.