Aura Kingdom DevBlog 2
With our first round of class reveals this week, we’d like to go a little more in-depth about how classes function in Aura Kingdom as a whole. Our classes differ a bit from what one might normally expect in a traditional MMO, in that they are defined first and foremost by weapon choice. For example, if you are a Duelist, you are essentially creating a character that will specialize in wielding dual daggers. If you are a Ravager, you will become proficient in wielding a great axe.
While players will use their chosen class’ weapon (and the skills that come with it) for the beginning chapters of their journey, a whole new world of potential is unlocked at level 40. At this point you’ll be able to select a secondary weapon, normally wielded by one of the remaining classes. You can then train up your character with the secondary weapon the same way you did with your primary.
Though your secondary weapon skills start from scratch, you will eventually become just as competent with them as your main hand weapon. We want character roles in Aura Kingdom to be fairly specialized, while still affording you a good amount of late-game versatility. You will accumulate knowledge from your observations of other players and the ways they face challenges throughout the realms of Azuria. By the time you are level 40, you will then be able to make an informed decision on what you want your secondary role to be. And if you still want to try something new, there’s always the ability to reset your secondary weapon choice to a different one!
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next blog on the class skill system!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Chrono Tales Injects New Content Into Game
- New pets, a new event, and a server merge are in this special March update for Chrono Tales.
- Alternative Soviet Medium Line to be Added to World of Tanks
- Wargaming, the leading free-to-play MMO developer and publisher, today revealed the first details of Update 8.8 for its MMO action game, World...
- TERA Rising: Gunner Update Preview
- Mikedot masters the art of PEW PEW in this quick preview for the new ranged DPS class in TERA: Rising.