Aura Kingdom DevBlog 2
With our first round of class reveals this week, we’d like to go a little more in-depth about how classes function in Aura Kingdom as a whole. Our classes differ a bit from what one might normally expect in a traditional MMO, in that they are defined first and foremost by weapon choice. For example, if you are a Duelist, you are essentially creating a character that will specialize in wielding dual daggers. If you are a Ravager, you will become proficient in wielding a great axe.
While players will use their chosen class’ weapon (and the skills that come with it) for the beginning chapters of their journey, a whole new world of potential is unlocked at level 40. At this point you’ll be able to select a secondary weapon, normally wielded by one of the remaining classes. You can then train up your character with the secondary weapon the same way you did with your primary.
Though your secondary weapon skills start from scratch, you will eventually become just as competent with them as your main hand weapon. We want character roles in Aura Kingdom to be fairly specialized, while still affording you a good amount of late-game versatility. You will accumulate knowledge from your observations of other players and the ways they face challenges throughout the realms of Azuria. By the time you are level 40, you will then be able to make an informed decision on what you want your secondary role to be. And if you still want to try something new, there’s always the ability to reset your secondary weapon choice to a different one!
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next blog on the class skill system!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wonders III Talks Tactics in new Dev Journal
- Age of Wonders III Devs at Triumph talk tactics, action points, and all the details related to combat.
- Dying Light: The Following Launch Window Confirmed
- Today Techland announced that its highly anticipated expansion Dying Light: The Following is set to launch in the first quarter of 2016.
- theHunter: Call of the Wild 2019 Edition Announced
- Passionate Hunters have been touring gorgeous landscapes since theHunter; Call of the Wild released back in 2017.