Warframe’s ‘The Old Blood’ Update Coming Soon to PC
Warframe: Empyrean is on the way later this year, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have awesome content coming. The Old Blood is the next major update, and it has not only the new Grendel Warframe but a new personalized antagonist: the Kuva Lich. The Kuva Lich will terrorize players without end across the Origin System. The Tenno will have to decipher clues to hunt down and defeat it and its allies. Each time the Kuva Lich is defeated, it will evolve, and grow more powerful. It will absorb Tenno Abilities, amass resources and allies, making the next encounter that much more challenging. These fights will be planetside, but in future updates, it will perhaps be aboard a warship in deep space. The way to defeat this immortal foe is the PARAZON – a covert data blade, that is used for ultimate lethality.
Grendel is coming in this update too, and he has a new way to fight and approach Warframe. Grendel is armed with stomach-churning Abilities that consume and regurgitate his enemies. That’s gross. These Abilities empower his party and deal massive damage, and can also send Grendel literally barreling over the opposition. But perhaps the biggest part of The Old Blood, Melee Changes: Phase 2 will launch. Featuring a reworked Combo System that makes initiating, chaining and ending combos seamless and intuitive, the addition of Heavy Attacks that enables enemies to be lifted, and much more, Melee Changes: Phase 2 equips players with deadly, versatile tools for close-quarters encounters.
If you thought that was it, you’d be sorely mistaken. A pair of Warfarmes will receive reworks: Ember and Vauban! This will adjust their stats and reimagine their core Abilities. We have some bullet points below to highlight these changes.
- Vauban now comes armed with new explosive toys to play with, plus added mobility and lethality to complement his penchant for immobilizing and damaging groups of enemies.
- Ember’s new Immolation gauge makes using her an engaging challenge where precision is key. Casting Abilities will build up the meter and generate defensive armor for Ember, but if it overloads and flames out, a powerful wave of damage will be unleashed and leave her exposed.
- Titania’s Deluxe Skin Collection creates an aesthetic capable of mesmerizing and striking fear into enemies. The Deluxe Collection includes a regal new Skin for Titania, variants of her signature Diwata and Pixia weapons, a new Armor Set, and a new Gunblade Skin.
- For those looking to add a spookier presence on the battlefield, breed the brand new vampiric Kavat, Vasca.
- Add sleek visual flair to your Kavat and Kubrow companion with an Armor Collection themed after the Tigris shotgun.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Divinity: Original Sin Release Moves to June 30th
- Larian Studios has announced that the release date for the upcoming, co-op fantasy RPG, Divinity: Original Sin, has moved back slightly, from ...
- Castle Crashers Steam Update Coming October 14
- The “Barbarian Makeover” update for Castle Crashers Steam has a planned release on October 14, 2015.
- Evequest Next Landmark: Flying and New Armor Available
- Recently, SOE has released new updates for their sandbox creation MMORPG, Everquest Next. You can now fly on your claim or any claim you have ...