Hearthstone Announces First ‘Year of the Raven’ Expansion
The ‘Year of the Raven’ is upon us in Hearthstone, and that means it’s time to look towards new content. The first expansion, The Witchwood, will see players delving into 135 new cards in April when this expansion goes live. Dark magic has twisted the creatures of the forest and set them loose upon the Gilnean capital in Azeroth, but King Genn Greymane and his lycanthropic subjects won’t make for easy prey. With this expansion comes new tricks and gameplay mechanics, such as the powerful Echo. As long as the player has the mana, cards with Echo can be re-cast over and over, creating very powerful combos and deadly situations.
Once the expansion is released, players will have two weeks to arm themselves before embarking on Monster Hunts—the thrilling new single-player Hearthstone experience that will send players deep into The Witchwood to stamp out the evils that lurk within. The leaders of Gilneas are finalizing preparations for these expeditions and will share more details in the weeks to come. Starting today, until the full release of The Witchwood, players can pre-order packs in a special 50-pack bundle that also includes 20 bonus packs, as well as the “In a Dark Wood” card back for free. This one-time-only bundle is available on any platform for $49.99 (one purchase per account).
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Engineer Elite Specialization Revealed for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
- ArenaNet announced today the penultimate elite specialization for the engineer profession coming to Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.
- Heroes & Generals Hosts Veteran Weekend on Steam
- Reto-Moto is celebrating the first 30 days on Steam for Heroes & Generals with a special Veteran Weekend, running from Friday August 8 thr...
- Second Closed Beta Announced for Legend of Edda: Vengeance
- GamesCampus has announced the next round of closed beta testing for Legend of Edda: Vengeance will begin on February 14.