World of Warships Introduces German Tech at Gamescom
Wargaming today announced that the German Tech Tree is preparing to cast off for World of Warships. This new lineup will set sail in October, with visitors to this year’s Gamescom getting exclusive hands-on experience with famed German warships, including the iconic Dresden and Admiral Hipper, far ahead of their release.
The World of Warships zone within the massive Wargaming Gamescom booth will be the only place where players can test the versatility of the Dresden and Hermelin cruisers, as well as discover the might of the Bismarck and Tirpitz battleships. Visitors will also get the chance to see how these warships operate while pitting them against other nations already in game for the very first time.
The German cruisers making their in-game debut boast remarkable endurance, especially at higher tiers, making them great for surviving tough encounters. Heavy German cruisers also feature solid armor and devastating weaponry fitting for any battle at sea. The German line has strong penetration, but even better damage per minute and outstanding missile velocity, which makes for an intimidating force in close-range combat.
“The World of Warships team is really excited to be adding the German national line into the game,” said Danila Volkov, World of Warships Development Director. “German shipbuilding has produced truly daunting and diverse warships. These vessels open up a whole new set of tactics for players and add additional depth to gameplay.”
The World of Warships Open Beta saw over two million prospective captains engage in thrilling naval warfare on the high seas with players around the world averaging 190 minutes or 12 battles per day. Of the dozens of ships offered, player favorites included aircraft carrier Langley, battleship Michigan, cruiser St. Louis and destroyer Wakatake.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest developments, visit the official website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- TechWars: Global Conflict Releases to a Worldwide Audience on PC
- Black Sun Game Publishing and Argus Games have proudly released their new Action-MMO to the world: Tech Wars: Global Conflict.
- The Walking Dead: March to War News - Survivor System Detailed
- The Disruptor Beam team behind The Walking Dead: March to War has provided new details today revealing a key game system, the Survivor System.
- Gamania Europe announces Soul Captor
- Gamania Digital Entertainment (beanfun)'s European division has announced plans to launch a new title, Soul Captor, this summer.