Snail Games Announces Age of Wushu Closed Beta
Snail Games USA has announced that the first closed beta test for its martial-arts inspired MMORPG, Age of Wushu, will begin on Thursday, November 15. The beta will take place until the 25th of November, and will be the first time that players in the United States and Canada will be able to play.
The closed beta event was originally only offered to media and players who pre-ordered exclusive editions of the game. However, to mark the occasion, Snail Games is extending Closed Beta access to those players who not have yet pre-purchased Age of Wushu. Codes will be limited and given on a first-come, first-served basis, and will not extend to the second closed beta or full launch.
“We were truly overwhelmed by the North American response to Age of Wushu,” says Shi Hai, Founder and Chairman of Snail Games. “As a show of gratitude to the fanbase who have been anticipating and awaiting the game’s release, we decided to treat them to a sneak preview of the full majesty of Age of Wushu. We believe it will completely surpass their expectations.”
Endorsed by martial arts icon Jet Li—who also serves as the Global Spokesman for the title—Age of Wushu is set in a fantastical and mythical version of Ming Dynasty-era China. The game features dynamic aerial battles and swordplay, replicating the fighting styles seen in blockbuster Chinese martial arts films such as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero. The game’s innovative combat engine draws on the strict logic behind real-world martial arts. Each attack can be countered and exploited; it is skill—not armor— that will determine the victors. The game also offers players seventeen different unique professions, allowing players the choice to create their own niche in this virtual society.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wargaming Joins Forces with Melesta Games
- Wargaming is excited to announce its partnership with Melesta Games, a prominent mobile developer from Belarus.
- Tree of Savior: New FAQ & Korean Players Expecting Improvements
- GM Lesley of IMC Games has recently released a new FAQ regarding their upcoming MMORPG, Tree of Savior, which details such questions as which ...
- Joymax celebrates its 15th birthday
- Games publisher and developer Joymax is celebrating its 15th birthday this month.