SMITE World Championship Prize Pool Passes $1 Million
The prize pool for SMITE’s first World Championships has hit a significant milestone, as it now sits at over $1 Million. This increase is thanks to the fantastic response from the SMITE community to the Odyssey, which has seen over $400,000 in community contributions being made to the prize pool in just seven weeks.
Europe’s top SMITE pro teams will fight it out on Saturday and Sunday, November 15 to 16, 2014, at the ESL Studio in Cologne, Germany for the chance to compete at the World Championships this coming January in Atlanta, USA. Eight teams from five regions will compete at the Finals for the chance to be crowned the first ever SMITE world champions.
Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios said: “We are continuously humbled by how awesome and generous the SMITE Community of gamers is. They have really rallied to support Smite eSports, and we look forward to seeing the prize pool continue to grow over the coming months leading up to the SMITE World Championship.”
The SMITE eSports website has also been given an upgrade to make it easier to keep up with all the SMITE Pro League action on the way to the Finals.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Stronghold Kingdoms: Now on Mac Platform
- Strategy fans can now get their MMORTS fix with Stronghold Kingdoms, which launches worldwide 13th January on Mac. Still one of the Top 100 mo...
- LEGO Universe going Free to Play
- LEGO Universe has announced that it will join the free-to-play ranks this August, with a limited but infinite free-to-play area.
- Nadirim Launches On Aeria Games
- Aeria Games has announced the launch of Nadirim on its network.