PlanetSide 2’s PS4 Closed Beta Arrives January 20
The first wave of PlayStation®4 players is set to deploy to Auraxis on January 20, 2015. Today, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) announced that the critically-acclaimed, free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter (MMOFPS), PlanetSide®2, will enter Closed Beta for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) computer entertainment system in North America this month.
Starting with a few thousand initial invites, the amount of players with access to the Closed Beta will steadily increase through the Beta period. Players will be invited to the Beta in chronological order of when they signed up. Players can opt in by email for a chance to participate in the Closed Beta through the PlanetSide 2 website.
The ideal console platform for PlanetSide 2, the PlayStation 4 will showcase the beauty, depth and frenetic open-world combat found in game like never before. PlanetSide 2 will be the only PS4 game that allows massive communities of players to come together to simultaneously experience enormous battles, giving players a truly massive world combat experience.
PlanetSide 2 Closed Beta will begin on Jan. 20, 2015 for the PlayStation 4, with a full PS4 launch slated for later this year. For additional details on the PlayStation 4 version, visit the PlanetSide 2 FAQ.
More information can be found in Executive Producer Clint Worley’s blog post.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Marvel Battle Lines Hits Mobile Devices This Month
- Interested players can also be among the first to try the title at New York Comic Con from October 4th through 7th.
- Mankind Reborn Reveals Huge Update
- After a little time off for much-needed rest and relaxation, the team behind Mankind Reborn released their 11th developer blog.
- League of Legends Releases Patch 4.11
- Riot Games has released Patch 4.11 for League of Legends, with a primary theme of equalizing the battles in the jungle.