PAX East 2015 Day 1 Recap – Trion Worlds, Dreadnought, Indie Games, and Cosplay!
Kitfox: Moon Hunters
Finally, Moon Hunters is playable in some manner! And I was fortunate to have two opportunities to play this wonderful game, once sober and once otherwise. In Moon Hunters, you play as one of several character classes in a retro styled action-RPG where your goal is to carve your name and deeds into the stars as a constellation, immortalizing you forever. And every action you make carries repercussions, either giving you a positive or negative reputation with people and possibly earning you traits that can impact your gameplay. When playing in a group, you vote on actions and where to go, but even if you choose a negative action and the group votes positive, you still receive the reputation for what you wanted to do. So it is nice that you won’t be forced down the path of a goody goody just because your group’s democracy out-voted you. The Spellsword, Ritualist, Witch, and Shaman were present and playable on the limited demo being shown at PAX. There is replay value to be had in that your legacy will live on in the game, amongst the stars, and I think that’s pretty damn awesome. Not to mention the procedurally generated maps will keep you guessing which way to go every time you venture out again. The demo of Moon Hunters was short, but there’s more on the way before the planned December launch, and I was delighted to meet the Kitfox team.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Unturned Beta Preview
- Unturned has once again proven that a beautiful set of graphics is not needed to have a successful game.
- Kings and Legends receives an update of Reckoning
- GameSpree, publisher of free-to-play browser games has just announced the release of Update 1.4 “The Reckoning” to Kings and Legends, the ...
- NCSOFT Announces Closed Beta Dates for Blade & Soul
- Closed beta will start on October 30, for its upcoming wuxia-inspired MMO, Blade & Soul®.