Kickstarter Looks Back at 2013
Kickstarter – that well known name that has revolutionized crowdfunding across all walks of life – has released a slideshow today looking back at the highlights of 2013. 3 million people have pledged $480 million this past year to projects – and we think that’s pretty cool.
Among the highlighted projects in the web presentation are Oculus Rift, the virtual reality headset that is already making significant headway into the gaming world; and Ouya, the Android-based console which is already supporting over 500 titles.
You can check out the full presentation here, which includes some other interesting and monumental Kickstarter projects outside the gaming world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Strategy MMO Space Wars Launches via Steam Early Access
- A free-to-play turn-based strategy MMO, Space Wars: Interstellar Empires, from Desert Owl Games is now out on PC.
- InnoGames sees 100% Growth in US, Mobile Games leading Charge
- This year, the company reached a new high in overall revenue, with growth being profitable as well. “It has always been important for us not...
- Karos Online Open Beta plagued with Bugs / Glitches
- The Open Beta for Karos Online is here! Unfortunately though, the game launched with many bugs and glitches - the most annoying being the conn...