InnoGames hosts Game Jam in the midst of Gamescom
InnoGames today announced that it will host a 96-hour long Game Jam on the show floor of this year’s Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. During the event, a total of 12 participants will develop 3 entirely new games, from first idea to playable product. The Game Jam starts on Wednesday August 13th at 2pm and will end on Sunday August 17th, the last day of Gamescom. At 2pm on the Sunday, InnoGames will officially announce the winning game at its booth. Four InnoGames employees and eight external developers will form the three competing teams. At the InnoGames booth C15 in hall 10.1, visitors and media will be able to not only keep an eye on the development process throughout Gamescom, but also test the latest versions of the unfinished games.
InnoGames regularly hosts game jams in its Hamburg offices. A video of the fifth summer game jam held in 2013 can be viewed on YouTube.
“The response to the latest game jams was massive – in our new offices we had more than 120 people getting together to code all weekend,” says Michael Indyk, initiator and host of the game jams. The size of the event makes it the largest of its kind in Germany. Creative exchange and building a team spirit are always at the heart of the game jams.
“It’s always fascinating to see how impressive the results can be, even after only that short amount of time. And we always have a very wide spectrum of ideas – the last game jams contained everything from an android-based action game to a PC puzzler. Developing at Gamescom, with the eyes of thousands of trade show visitors on them, will be a special challenge for the participants this time,” adds Indyk.
For more info, visit http://www.innogames.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legacy of Discord News - Featured on Google Play Once Again
- Legacy of Discord - Furious Wings, the action MMORPG from GTarcade, has been featured a second time on Google Play.
- Vainglory Announces Seasons Beginning in October
- Vainglory has announced today its plan to offer quarterly competitive eSports season, starting this October with the Autumn 2015 Season.
- Heroes In The Sky Declares an Intercontinental Occupational War
- GamesCampus today launched its 2nd annual US vs. EU Occupational War event designed for players across the globe to fight for their nation and...