InnoGames Announces Cross-Platform Rising Generals
Today InnoGames announced the cross-platform strategy-MMO Rising Generals. The PvP-heavy online game is modern warfare centric, giving players access to numerous tanks, armored vehicles and dozens of deadly planes and other aircraft. Targeted at fast-paced, action-fueled sessions, the game will be playable on iOS- and Android-phones and tablets as well as on browsers.
Users will be able to access the same account on all platforms. On www.risinggenerals.com, players can apply for the upcoming beta, which is scheduled for summer 2014.
Rising Generals focuses on PvP-action across game worlds that house up to 40,000 players each.
Next to strategic and balanced gameplay for single players and large alliances (so-called Battle Groups), creating instant, rewarding gameplay was a key target for the team: “We want the Rising Generals players to experience a feeling of thrill and exhilaration in a short time period. Immediacy, accessibility and sensory feedback are core aspects of the game”, says the game’s producer Christoph Schmidt.
Rising Generals was developed in Adobe Air, allowing the team to build the game for iOS, Android and browsers simultaneously and realize the battles with stunning 3D graphics and effects, especially on mobile devices.
To create Rising Generals, InnoGames was supported by game design legend Bruce Shelley, known for his work on Civilization and the Age of Empires series. Shelley worked several months with the team during development and spent time in InnoGames’ Hamburg offices.
In Rising Generals, players become commander of a military base, which needs to be quickly upgraded and staffed with troops in order to defend against and attack hostile neighbors. Unlockable technologies as well as officers and generals provide helpful bonuses and perks. Aimed at triggering instant action, Rising Generals progresses at a significantly higher speed than other online strategy games. Real-time 3D animations give each battle a unique feeling, and more than 20 units provide players with lots of strategic options.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Skyforge Reveals Intense Late-Game Battles Known as Distortions
- Distortions are hidden lairs of the most dangerous monsters from past invasions, that can only be found with a special device.
- HRX 2018 Day 3 - Round of the Day
- Today began the Semi-Finals for Smite and Paladins on the PC, and it was certainly a day of upsets, and not just for me.
- War Thunder Update 1.39 Now Live and Ground Forces Coming Soon
- Gaijin Entertainment has announced that update 1.39 for their WWII MMO mega-hit War Thunder is live, introducing several major new features.