GunZ 2: The Second Duel – Now Officially Launched
Today, MAIET Entertainment has announced that they’ve pulled GunZ 2 out of Steam’s Early Access program and has officially launched the game. Along with today’s launch, many new additions to the game has been made, including a new character called “Wayne the Strider”, new weapons, a new PvP map and new events, such as:
- Earning premium items is easier now – Supply crates now give guaranteed purified ores and crystals for winning matches
- Login event – Earn free stuff just for logging in.
- Several balance changes made
- Netcode changed – Now has lag compensation
- A couple of new PvP maps added for Gladiator, TDM and Elimination
- Accessories now have permanently reduced prices and can also be purchased with gold.
- *Custom / Practice mode now available – You can set up public / private matches now.
And many other changes and additions.
Veinster, CEO for MAIET has made a public statement regarding the official release of GunZ 2:
“As of today, we are releasing our game out of Early Access phase. First of all, we would like to thank you all again for supporting us from the very beginning. There have been ups and downs for the past two and a half month since the launch of early access. Starting with the beta launch hiccup such as the notorious server capability issue, a number of problems such as network issue, hacker situation, optimization problems, and so forth have occurred. At the same time, we also have made significant changes and improvements to the game, although some of you may still disagree.
I’d like to say that today’s official release is just an opening of a new chapter of GunZ 2. We will keep putting everything we can offer into the game for constant improvements. Starting with introduction of Strider, we will continue to add more exciting contents to keep you entertained.
Some of you have been with us for the past few years from GunZ 1. Some of you have joined the community with Steam release. As a small token of gratitude for supporting us from the beginning, we are providing each of you an Early Access Badge. You won’t be able to get the item from any other chance, so I suggest you to hold onto it.
Also, we will provide all in-game items at 20% discount price for 1 week to celebrate the official release. Again, thank you very much, and have a great time in the new chapter of GunZ 2.”
For more info, visit http://steamcommunity.com/games/gunz2/announcements/detail/1876057789803397045
Articles You May Enjoy
- Summoners Con League of Legends Fest Set for Nov 1
- Summoners Con, an organization that specializes in bringing together the community and pro players for the ultimate League of Legends experien...
- Dying Light Developer Tools Released
- Today Dying Light just got infinitely bigger as Techland released free Developer Tools for its award-winning action survival game.