Hi-Rez announces Smite
Hi-Rez Studios, publisher of Global Agenda – which just went free-to-play – has announced the development of a new game: Smite.
Smite will be a DotA-like (MOBA) game, in which players choose from a selection of mythical gods and join in arena combat against other gods and minions. The game will use the Unreal 3 Engine and will be free-to-play. No further details have been announced yet, but Hi-Rez promises to reveal more in a few months.
Smite Concept Artwork
HI-REZ STUDIOS ANNOUNCES SMITE
Gods vs Gods in 3rd-person DoTA-inspired Battleground
ATLANTA – April 21, 2011 — Hi-Rez Studios, the award winning independent developer of Global Agenda, announced today they are developing SMITE, a free-to-play online battleground between gods. Players choose from a selection of mythical gods, join session-based arena combat, and use custom powers and team tactics against other player-controlled gods and non-player controlled minions.
“As a studio and as gamers, we love competitive multi-player games that reward teamwork and strategy”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. “With SMITE, we draw inspiration from DoTA-style RTS titles, but leverage the Unreal 3 Engine to introduce original action oriented combat mechanics, great graphics, and a mythology-themed setting. These session-based games depend upon balanced class design, sophisticated stat-tracking, and matchmaking functionality. These are features we understand well from Global Agenda and our studio is excited to progress team-oriented PvP in new and original directions with SMITE. At this point we already have a really fun playable version of SMITE and we look forward to sharing additional details about the project in the coming months”
For more information visit:
Website – http://www.smitegame.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/smitegame
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon Hero Announces Seize War
- JC Planet has announced that after its successful launch of Dungeon Hero, it will bring a new update on May 4.
- RuneScape Celebrates Its 12th Year Online
- Jagex celebrates RuneScape’s 12th anniversary with a host of community competitions and in-game events.
- Shards Online Heats Up Its Kickstarter Campaign
- Citadel Studios is kicking off the second week of its Kickstarter Campaign for Shards Online today with some explosive new developments.