GMOD Kickstarter Brings Modding to the Mainstream Gamer
Olympus Games announced this week the launch of a new Kickstarter campaign to help fund the development of its upcoming mod management platform, GMOD®. Built on powerful new technology, GMOD streamlines the modding experience for hardcore and casual PC gamers, delivering an intuitive platform where mods “just work”. Leveraging this simple and flexible interface, the GMOD team aims to open up the world of modding to mainstream gamers everywhere.
Supporters can learn more about GMOD or help fund the project at the official Kickstarter: http://kck.st/Y0oLhC
“Modding has always been a very important part of PC gaming, but there’s a reason why it has failed to reach mainstream gamers – it’s rarely a simple process,” said Skylar Kreisher, CEO of Olympus Games. “Our goal is to make mods so easy to find, play and share, that anyone can become part of the modding community. It’s time for a new generation to re-discover their favorite games with innovative modded content.”
The GMOD client is a mod management platform that’s designed to enable gamers to use mods faster, safer and easier than ever before. Users can quickly install new mods with its drag-and-drop interface, enable and disable mods with just one click, and most importantly, never deal with unzipping, directory-diving, copy-paste-overwrite or mod-based reinstalls ever again.
GMOD is pushing the modding scene forward by building a holistic solution where players can use mods from any source or community, discover and share new mods with friends and promote the hardworking mod developers that make it all possible. It’s a robust platform that, with fan support, will continue to thrive and improve, eventually incorporate everyone’s favorite games and mods.
For more information about GMOD and Olympic Games:
Visit Kickstarter: http://kck.st/Y0oLhC
Join the Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/gmodsocial
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GMod
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/gmod
Articles You May Enjoy
- Eternal Saga Review
- What are the mechanical or aesthetic differences between each? What the heck does 'Luma' mean? Is it some kind of off-brand, Scandin...
- Adventure Box: New Voxel-Based Game Creator Revealed
- Happy L-Lord AB, the Swedish company behind the Adventure Box game, is attending the EGX REZZED gaming event in London 12-14 of March 2015. Th...
- Karos Online holds next closed beta Oct 23-25
- Karos Online has issued a new press release with details of its next closed beta phase. The new beta phase will take place from October 23rd t...