EVE Online’s Kronos Release Features Rise of Pirate Factions
CCP Games, the world’s leading independent massively multiplayer game developer, today launched Kronos, the first release in a new development cadence for EVE Online, the award-winning sci-fi MMO that has grown each of its eleven years.
Kronos focuses on the continued decline of the four major empires and celebrates the concurrent rise of pirate factions and player influence across the constellations. It also heralds a change in EVE’s development structure, replacing two major expansions per year with up to ten releases. The change allows for more ambitious features, quicker delivery of content and functionality, and provides more frequent updates for players to look forward to.
In Kronos, EVE’s legendary space combat will forever change thanks to the new and deadly Mordu’s Legion ships, a stealthy mining frigate, and 38 other rebalanced ships and drones. Gorgeous visual changes include reimagined solar flares, warp effects and new ship skins. An entirely customizable soundscape allows players to tailor their own audio experience.
Low-security space sites and dozens of other changes round out Kronos and set the stage for the massive industry features coming in July’s Crius release.
An in-depth feature site showing the changes coming to EVE Online in Kronos can be found here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Armored Warfare - Modern Battlefield Dev Diary
- The developers offer insight about level of detail, the importance of strategy, and realism.
- PlanetSide Releases New Video And Beta Hints
- Sony Online Entertainment has released a new developer video for Planetside 2, including new game details and a hint at closed beta testing.
- BIG COMPANY: Skytopia Is Newest 'Big Company' Title from Goodgame Studio
- Goodgame Studios has announced that they have expanded the BIG COMPANY brand, with BIG COMPANY: Skytopia.