EVE Online Challenges Old Assumptions and Explodes With Content
Following the tremendous reception from players and critics alike to its recent “This is EVE (2014)” game trailer, which featured actual EVE player audio recordings with stunning space visuals, CCP Games has today delivered 2014’s largest update to the massive, sci-fi universe of EVE Online. The Rhea release adds dozens of major features, new ships and innovative areas of space to the EVE universe. It continues the long tradition of co-creating the game with player feedback within a very quick 5-6 week development cycle that ensures the next free update to EVE is just around the corner.
New features in Rhea include:
- 100 new wormhole systems have been discovered in the wake of mysterious events in New Eden
- A newly revealed wormhole system, Thera, is a location unlike any other in the universe and is home to four fully-equipped stations with a staggering amount of entry points. At over 340 astronomical units (AU) end to end, it is unparalleled in size and scope
- New exploration sites sit amidst the shattered remnants of heavenly bodies, all pieces of a curious puzzle that may include the emergence of ominous Sleeper scouts from their wormhole havens into known space.
- With some of the most stunning visual updates since the Trinity expansion, EVE has added physically based rendering to support the tremendous beauty and artistry of each of its hundreds of spaceships. In addition, the iconic EVE star map has undergone renovations and a functionality overhaul and a new beta version is open for testing
- EVE‘s User Interface (UI) is modernized with more recognizable icons and an epic science fiction feel. A new opt-in keyboard ship control “WASD” feature means pilots can feel the full power of navigating their deadly ships
- In the name of more explosions, the clone upgrade system and skillpoint loss upon death have been eliminated. Veteran players are expected to put more on the line in battle and new players feel less of a sting upon their first defeats
- Lethal new polarized weapons deliver superior damage and tracking in exchange for all damage resistance, allowing for the perfect “glass cannon” setup
- Two new unique ships provide gameplay opportunities in EVE‘s massive sandbox. The Amarr Confessor tactical destroyer is able to switch seamlessly between defensive, speed and sniper modes during a fight. The ORE Bowhead freighter is a logistics behemoth able to carry fully fitted battleships throughout the galaxy. The ongoing ship redesign effort brings glorious new visuals to the Blackbird, Rook, Falcon, Incursus, Onyx and Eagle.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Trek Online: Bonus Episode Coming Soon
- On Nov.13, Cryptic will be releasing the epilogue episode, titled “What’s Left Behind,” for Star Trek Online: Delta Rising. The episode ...
- Path of Exile Launches First Ever Charity Race to Benefit Child's Play
- Grinding Gear Games announced today that they are launching a two-week Path of Exile Ambush/Invasion race event to benefit the Child's Pl...
- World of Tanks is attending Wicksteed At War 2014, England
- On June 5, 2014, Wargaming.net announced its participation in Wicksteed At War - a military history show for the whole family which will be he...