Earthrise going F2P in 2012
Iceberg Interactive and Masthead Studios have announced that Earthrise will go free-to-play in 2012.
Earthrise is a sandbox-style MMORPG, with unlimited skill-based progression and a player-driven economy. Each class is customizable with over 100 different skills and tactics. The game also features action-based combat, PvP, territory wars, guilds, quests, specialized crafting, and more.
This business model change follows a reduced subscription plan released previously by the publisher earlier this year.
Earthrise Gameplay Screenshot
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 22 November 2011 – Videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive and game developer Masthead Studios have announced that the MMORPG Earthrise will become Free To Play in 2012. Starting December 1st, Masthead will no longer charge players monthly subscriptions. The boxed edition that is currently available in the retail market from Iceberg Interactive, will still represent 20 Euro of value and the included key code will give access to the premium version of the game.
Accompanying this press release are 5 new screenshots from Earthrise.
Earthrise is a post-apocalyptic science fiction MMORPG set in the distant future. In the aftermath of the Third World War, mankind has managed to survive and build a new society. Cloning, nanotechnology and quantum engineering are part of the new reality. Thanks to these technological advances, the human species has become immortal. Each individual’s consciousness is stored in a data vault, ready to be uploaded into a cloned body as necessary.
There is a unified government that takes good care of those citizens who abide its strict laws. It appears paradise might have really come to Earth and the people have embraced it. But not everything is as perfect as it seems. By exercising full control over the cloning process, Sal Vitas’ government decides who will live and who will not, playing the role of God on Earth. Insurgent forces have accused the city’s rulers of crimes against humanity. Armed factions fight for resources and power within the new system. And from the waves of discontent, a revolution has fomented forming a rebel government: Noir.
Featuring an unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives you innumerable choices to forge your destiny. Whether you’re a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the government-run “utopia” and the rebellion opposing it; a criminal hiding from the law; or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, your actions will echo throughout the game world.
- A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild.
- Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities, and tactics.
- No artificial “class” restrictions get in the way of making the character you want.
- Fast-paced action-combat featuring dynamic targeting, customizable power armor and hundreds of high-tech weapons.
- Sophisticated Player versus Player (PvP) mechanics that let you fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve your own bloody path as an independent criminal.
- Territorial conquest and defense that matters. In your domain, you create your own rules – or let anarchy reign.
- Character progression that keeps you advancing in your career with no limits.
- An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities.
- Deep crafting mechanics that let you design and manufacture unique items from customizable blueprints and raw resources.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Google’s Ingress Introduces Recruiter Medal To Enlist New Agents
- Today, Google’s Niantic Labs introduced the Recruiter Medal to Ingress, a new way to reward Ingress Agents for successfully recruiting new A...
- Mobius Final Fantasy Begins Season 2
- The award-winning Mobius Final Fantasy has begun the next part of its saga with Season 2, "Warrior of Despair".
- Trove Full Review
- If building is your deal, and you want to play with a bunch of your friends without buying a server or any of that nonsense, Trove is certainl