Dead Island: Epidemic Is Now In Open Beta
The zombie-infested hack & slash action arena is now in Open Beta as Deep Silver unleashes Dead Island: Epidemic for all users to play for free on Steam. With the Open Beta, Dead Island: Epidemic receives a major content update that includes the following features and improvements:
All-New PvE-Mode: Crossroads
Crossroads enriches the PvE experience in DI:E. It offers a bigger variation, higher replayability and more challenge, regardless of skill level. Both beginners and veterans get access to a mode where they can have a lot of fun while at the same time unifying the game experience across both PVE and PvP.
Progression System Overhaul
Levels for individual characters have been removed: There is now a global character level that applies to each character and unlocks apply to each character once you reach a new level.
Weapon leveling and workbench levels have been removed and a new loot-based weapon modification has been introduced: As they complete matches players can now earn weapon modifications (which are divided into rarity: common, uncommon, rare, epic and legendary) which offer progressively more powerful and unique gameplay altering perks.
Character weapon expertise has been removed and instead every character now has a unique passive ability.
Loot System Rework
Smarter drop system has been added which ensures more guaranteed drops and less randomness.
The full extensive patch notes for the update can be found at http://www.deadislandepidemic.com/en_US/news/latest-patch-notes/.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribal Wars Rise of The Paladins Released
- Today InnoGames launched a new paladin system in its classic strategy MMO Tribal Wars.
- Clockwork Empires Early Access Update Gets Landmines & Much More
- A flurry of News of Substantial Significance has emerged from the front lines of the Clockwork Empire, foremost being that Her Majesty's ...
- Blacklight Retribution spotlights Containment map
- Blacklight Retribution has released its second open beta map: Containment.