Dead Island: Epidemic Is Now In Open Beta
The zombie-infested hack & slash action arena is now in Open Beta as Deep Silver unleashes Dead Island: Epidemic for all users to play for free on Steam. With the Open Beta, Dead Island: Epidemic receives a major content update that includes the following features and improvements:
All-New PvE-Mode: Crossroads
Crossroads enriches the PvE experience in DI:E. It offers a bigger variation, higher replayability and more challenge, regardless of skill level. Both beginners and veterans get access to a mode where they can have a lot of fun while at the same time unifying the game experience across both PVE and PvP.
Progression System Overhaul
Levels for individual characters have been removed: There is now a global character level that applies to each character and unlocks apply to each character once you reach a new level.
Weapon leveling and workbench levels have been removed and a new loot-based weapon modification has been introduced: As they complete matches players can now earn weapon modifications (which are divided into rarity: common, uncommon, rare, epic and legendary) which offer progressively more powerful and unique gameplay altering perks.
Character weapon expertise has been removed and instead every character now has a unique passive ability.
Loot System Rework
Smarter drop system has been added which ensures more guaranteed drops and less randomness.
The full extensive patch notes for the update can be found at http://www.deadislandepidemic.com/en_US/news/latest-patch-notes/.
Articles You May Enjoy
- FireFall's Sound Engineer Daniel Beck Hired by Camelot Unchained
- CityState Entertainment's recent hunt for a Camelot Unchained sound engineer has come to a conclusion. Hailing from FireFall fame, Daniel...
- Bless Online's 'Rift of Time And Space' Update Is Now Live
- Beginning on December 5th, new and never-before-seen content will be coming to Bless Online from holiday events to a new Time and Space stage.
- Arm Yourselves! Guardians of Ember Leaves Steam Early Access
- Though longer than anticipated, Guardians of Ember's time in Steam Early Access is at an end!