DayZ – The end of the beginning
DayZ Stand Alone?
That’s right, this is actually happening – DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with Rocket (Dean Hall) as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.
Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.
Of course people will have many, many questions – but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.
Concept art by Ivan Buchko
original source: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning
Articles You May Enjoy
- Grey Goo Tournament Series Kicks Off With $75K Worth of Prizes
- Grey Box and Six Foot are putting up a pool of cash and prizes estimated at $75,000, including a free trip to PAX South.
- Upwards, Lonely Robot Demo Now Available
- Kasedo Games have announced that a playable demo of the addictive platformer Upwards, Lonely Robot is now available on Steam.
- Travian Full Review
- Travian is a widely popular strategy game that is beginning to show its age.