DayZ – The end of the beginning
DayZ Stand Alone?
That’s right, this is actually happening – DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with Rocket (Dean Hall) as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.
Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.
Of course people will have many, many questions – but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.
Concept art by Ivan Buchko
original source: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 Announces First Major Release and Roadmap for 2016
- ArenaNet today announced the first major update of the year coming to Guild Wars 2 and Heart of Thorns, and set a roadmap for 2016.
- Dungeon of the Endless: Rougelike RPG coming October 27th
- The quirky and colorful rogue-like dungeon defense game that first reared its head on Early Access in December 2013 has reached the final stag...
- Jurassic World The Mobile Game Review
- Jurassic World: The Game is a free-to-play simulation-strategy game for both the iOS and Android.