Captains of DarkTide Starts First Phase of Beta
The first phase of beta testing is now underway for the nautical MMORPG Captains of DarkTide. Testing for the web client and starter areas began on June 28, 2010. Not every zone or continent is currently enabled, but more content will be released as closed beta progresses.
Captains of DarkTide is a browser based MMORPG, and it will utilize the powerful Unity web player which allows for some pretty epic graphics. Games like FusionFall and Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online already use Unity and the upcoming Need for Speed World will too.
Captains of DarkTide will join the ranks of a handful of other free to play nautical MMORPGs like Voyage Century and the upcoming Uncharted Waters Online.
Articles You May Enjoy
- World of Warcraft Classic: Pros and Cons
- I'd like to start this morning's editorial with a joke: "How do you know someone played Vanilla WoW? Don't worry, they...
- Team Solomid Acquires Top Vainglory Team
- Super Evil Megacorp’s Vainglory has attracted one of the top eSports organizations, Team SoloMid (TSM), with the acquisition of Alliance.
- World of Warships Features Sinister Submarines Stalking the Seas Starting Today
- The third Halloween-themed mission for World of Warships has begun and brings with it one of the most requested features: Submarines.