AbleGamers Invited to SOE Live for the Charity’s 10th Anniversary
AbleGamers Charity is getting ready to celebrate 10 years of fighting for the rights of gamers with disabilities to enjoy the same content as everyone else.
“Some people still don’t know AbleGamers actually started as an EverQuest blog,” said Mark Barlet, Founder and Executive Director of the AbleGamers Charity. “It wasn’t until my best friend, Stephanie Walker, lost her ability to play EQ, which caused me to search for ways to play video games despite a disability, and subsequently not finding anything, that AbleGamers was born.”
Sony Online Entertainment invited AbleGamers to participate in SOE Live as a “Coming Home” party to mark the 10th year anniversary of where it all began.
“We’re always thrilled to be working with SOE,” said Steven Spohn, Chief Operations Officer of the AbleGamers Charity. “Without SOE’s early support for this newfangled thing called ‘game accessibility,’ AbleGamers might not have become the international charity, fighting for millions of gamers with disabilities, which it is today.”
“In many ways, it’s not just a homecoming for AbleGamers,” added Barlet. “Sony companies have been stepping up their game again recently, supporting us from multiple studios. We’re honored for the support and to be coming home.”
You can catch AbleGamers celebrating 10 years in game accessibility at SOE Live, August 15-17, 2014, in Las Vegas.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Etherium: Multiplayer Beta Available to Pre-order Users
- Etherium, your new futuristic RTS from Tindalos Interactive - developers of Stellar Impact - warps into closed-beta today, accessible by those...
- Titanfall: Frontline Announced for Mobile
- Titanfall: Frontline is a strategy card game where players, assuming the role of brigade Commanders, face off in head-to-head combat.
- Neverwinter Strongholds Press Event Recap
- True to its origin, Strongholds offers content similar to that which has been apparent in DnD for years.