SkyForge – New MMO created by Allods dev team revealed
Today, My.com and Obsidian Entertainment has announced Skyforge, a new MMORPG gaming experiences for PCs. In Skyforge, players develop from immortals, to mighty champions, to powerful gods gaining and developing their mortal followers and powers along the way. Empowered by the faith and skill of their followers, gods battle invading armies in intense, merciless combat to protect their home world. Skyforge features unique action combat and a massive variety of classes and character customization options as players grow from immortal to invincible gods.
Skyforge is being developed by the award winning Russian game developer Allods Team, a part of the Mail.ru Group. Their last project, Allods Online, was the first major Russian MMORPG and launched in more than 15 countries. The core of Allods Team includes industry veterans who developed internationally acclaimed games including Evil Islands, Etherlords, Silent Storm and Heroes of Might and Magic V.
Set in a world where fantasy meets Sci-Fi and ancient mysteries live side by side with cutting-edge technologies, Skyforge transports players to a stunning universe where mortals and immortals fight for survival against invading gods and their armies. Players start as immortals newly reborn into the world and vie to become gods themselves.
“This is our most ambitious project to date,” said Oleg Shpilchevsky, The Allods Team’s Head of Development Studio. “With players competing and cooperating on one single giant server, Skyforge brings the massive back to MMORPGs.”
Visceral combat sequences and grand battles unfold across a world settings limited only by the developer’s imagination. To ensure that Skyforge meets the expectations of players worldwide, The Allods Team has enlisted the help of the widely lauded development studio, Obsidian Entertainment.
“We have begun working closely with the Allods Team to ensure that the game is a success in western markets,” said Eric DeMilt, Development Director of Culturalization for Skyforge, Obsidian Entertainment. “We are building a team of accomplished developers to collaborate in class and instance content development as well as westernization. It is an exciting partnership with an excellent development team, and we can’t wait for players to get into the game.”
For more info on Skyforge, visit www.skyforge.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- IDC/Games to Publish MMO CCG Berserk: The Cataclysm in the West
- Publisher IDC/Games and developer Bytex Games announce today the signing of an exclusive license agreement whereby IDC/Games will launch ‘Be...
- Stronghold Kingdoms - Fourth Age Update Introduces Gunpowder
- Firefly Studios has just released a new ‘Fourth Age’ gameplay update for Stronghold Kingdoms, introducing gunpowder and a new defensive we...
- The Next Chapter Begins for Fantasy MMORPG The Aurora World
- GBE Games, a global publisher and distributor of interactive online entertainment media today launched the next chapter for its popular MMORPG...