Nexon Soft-Launches Legacy Quest on Android in Select Markets
Family bloodlines are at stake as NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, today announced its Korean subsidiary, NEXON Korea Corporation, is rolling out the soft-launch of its latest epic mobile action role-playing game Legacy Quest. The rogue-like, classic dungeon crawler is now available for Android in 14 countries, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, India, Netherland, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, and Switzerland. Developed by Vienna-based Socialspiel Entertainment, industry veterans from Rockstar Games and Deep Silver, Legacy Quest is scheduled for worldwide commercial release later this year.
In Legacy Quest, heroes take a personal journey, unlocking powerful traits, crafting weapons and armor, and collecting epic loot, to ultimately pass down through their family bloodlines when their souls depart their bodies. Legacy Quest features:
- a unique loot system, where any crafted item in the game remains in the game world for other players, or monsters, to pick up after a hero is slain;
- a new, “3D Pixel” art style to the RPG genre, blending elements of retro gaming and modern rendered graphics together for a unique look and feel;
- tactical, skill-based elements giving fast-paced game depth for more advanced, traditional RPG players.
“The entire team at Socialspiel put their heart and soul into delivering a new take on the traditional action-RPG, combining the excitement of arcade-style competition with a fantastic, unique graphic style and extreme replayability,” said Laine Baker, Mobile Team Leader at Nexon Korea. “We’re eager to release it in selected territories for testing and valuable feedback, and to deliver best action RPG gaming experience possible.”
Legacy Quest is now available for download via mobile device from Google Play for Android in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, India, Netherland, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, and Switzerland. An iOS version will be released in October. Following the soft launch and testing of the game, Legacy Quest will release in markets around the world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Red Solstice: New co-op survival game heading for Steam Early Access
- The Red Solstice, from Croatian developer Ironward, will be hitting Steam Early Access on July 10. The game is a tactical, co-operative surviv...
- Path of Exile Launches in Brazil
- UOL BoaCompra, the leader in emerging markets and digital goods payments in Latin America, today announced a partnership with Grinding Gear Ga...
- Fire & Blood Expansion for Game of Thrones Ascent Releases Today
- Fire & Blood allows players to engage in the next evolution of dragon growth, while traveling across an all-new interactive map.