Survived By Is Available In Steam Early Access Now
Human Head Studios and Digital Extremes are bringing an online bullet-hell-styled roguelike Survived By to Steam’s Early Access today. Survived By is entirely free to play and gives the players (known as Ancestors) the chance to tackle a loot-filled roguelite, where players work together to demolish hordes of Chimera, level up, and defeat cute-yet-horrific bosses. Unique gear can be crafted in this PVE setting, and when they die, that’s merely the beginning of the adventure. New Ancestors are invited to join Survived By’s Open Beta now.
Ancestors who have played Survived By in Beta will receive a special set of gifts thanks to their dedication and feedback in the early stages of the development process. Gifts for players who already were playing Survived By include 1) a free Starter Pack to all players and 2) for paying players, they will receive the Next of Kin Supporter Pack for free at launch as a bonus.
Features of Survived By:
- Approachable yet Challenging: As a new player, jumping into the battle in the Heartland is easy and rewarding. Log-in for rewards, escape into a variety of dungeons, and play around with the expanded customization options like character dyes, skins, and attachments. Survived By offers great challenges and rewards for those with hours to invest and explore, while still being fun for those who only have time for quick play sessions.
- Permadeath is Just the Beginning: Unlike other bullet hell rougelites, players regenerate health, survive longer, and don’t need to dodge everything to stay alive. But every time a player dies, they lose almost everything. With the game’s unique Ancestral Legacy system, they’re survived by a new descendant who carries a small part of their legacy (game DNA) with them the next time they play.
- Building With the Community: Since Closed Beta, Survived By has updated frequently with new content and exciting features such as storyline quests, dungeons and rotating events, built with its community’s voice and desires in mind. With Steam Early Access, we’ll continue to grow the Heartland alongside our players.
- Craft Weapons to Slay the Hordes: Players craft and wield powerful projectile weapons as they confront an array of Beasts on their journey. Arming themselves with magic, steel and special abilities, players craft increasing deadly weapons that provide tactical options tailored to their character class. Examples of weapon upgrades range from a single bullet that can pass through multiple enemies to a short-range blast of multiple waving projectiles, to name just a couple. There is so much more!
- Gorgeous Pixel-Art World: Team up with friends and others to explore a huge beautifully rendered pixel-art world. Journey through imaginative, expansive landscapes that tweak familiar Western fantasy concepts with seemingly impossible situations, adorable looking miniature characters, and witty dialog, all set in a colossal living tree.
- Fair Free-To-Play Model: Survived By is designed as a fair free-to-play experience that’s fun for everyone, not just those who pay. No part of progression is locked away behind a paywall. Players are encouraged to trade items such as attachments, dyes, skins, and more with other players using Bloodstones and Electrum.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- MapleStory Kicks Off 14th Anniversary With Major Events
- It's MapleStory's 14th anniversary, and with it comes a ton of celebratory events and fun times, during the 14th Street event.
- La Tale Reveals Long Awaited Season 2: Storm Update
- OGPlanet, a publisher of Free-to-Play, multiplayer, online games, reveals the long awaited Season 2: Storm update to La Tale, the longstanding...
- C9 Announces Fourth Expansion and Releases Rahkdan's Counterattack
- Webzen announces the fourth expansion for the dungeon-based MMORPG, Continent of the Ninth Seal (C9), with the release of Rahkdan's Count...