Hearthstone’s Tombs of Terror Adventure Available for Pre-Purchase
Hearthstone has a new Solo Adventure on the way, starting on September 17th, 2019: Tombs of Terror! Chapter 1 will be available for free, and the Tombs of Terror will have a dungeon crawl, filled with hero-specific treasures, incredible boss fights, and a mrrgl of murlocs.
Hearthstone‘s year-long story continues with this Solo Adventure and takes up where The Dalaran Heist left off. As members of the League of Explorers, players will join the adventuring, heroic archaeologists, and race through the ruins and cities of Uldum, seeking out hero-specific signature treasures. These artifacts will level up the heroes before they face the four deadly “Plague Lords”, which are multi-phase slugfests against persistent bosses, who must be bested through multiple runs.
No task is too tall for the League of Explorers though. Fully voice-acted and featuring customizable loadouts of unique Hero Powers and deck options, Hearthstone has its first dual-class heroes in this adventure. The Heroes you can pick from are below:
- Elise Starseeker, the Enlightened, ventures forth from her library armed with centuries of knowledge as well as the restorative magic of a Priest and the ferocity of a Druid.
- Dino-tamer Brann Bronzebeard unites the bravery and fortitude of a Warrior with the marksmanship and animal kinship of a Hunter.
- Sir Finley Mrrglton of the Sands, a sophisticated gentle-murloc, rallies a Paladin’s knightly valor with the tribal Shaman powers of his amphibious brethren.
- Reno Jackson, Relicologist, is a treasure-hunting Rogue with a heart of gold who has picked up enough mystic mumbo jumbo on his adventures to haphazardly sling Mage spells.
“Lost City of the Tol’vir” is the first chapter, and will be free to everyone, starting on September 17th. Reno Jackson will be doing battle against the Plague Lord of Murlocs. Chapters II, III, and IV each feature another playable dual-class League of Explorers hero and will be released, one at a time, in the weeks following launch. Defeating all four powerful Plague Lords will unlock a pulse-pounding final battle for the fate of the world. Individual chapters can be unlocked for 700 in-game gold (or $6.99 USD) each or all at once in a $14.99 USD launch bundle.
Players may also choose to pre-purchase the Tombs of Terror Deluxe Adventure Bundle (on sale today and available for a limited time*) that includes the full experience, as well as a random Legendary card from Saviors of Uldum and a League of Explorers-themed card back, for $19.99 USD.
J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment had this to say about the Tombs of Terror:
We’ve always carried a torch for the classic dungeon crawl and with Tombs of Terror, we set out to create our deepest and most replayable Solo Adventure yet. With so many new deckbuilding options to unlock for the dual-class heroes and all of the signature treasures to acquire, we hope players love exploring the Tombs of Terror again and again.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rules of Survival Review (Android/PC)
- I was pleasantly surprised that the game disproved my prejudice against RoS and in some cases, I even considered RoS superior to PUBG Mobile.
- Brawl of Ages Early Review
- In Brawl of Ages, you build a deck of 10 cards. They give you cards to start with, and thankfully, most of those cards are not terrible.