GTArcade Announces ‘Hungry Heroes’ Marathon
Yoozoo Games and GTarcade are getting ready for a gaming marathon next month, with a goal of fighting hunger. This “Hungry Heroes” marathon is in support of the World Food Programme (WFP) to fight against hunger in the regions that are most vulnerable. Gaming fans will get to enjoy exclusive gameplay features and events during the week-long initiative; by joining in they will be helping to raise crucial funding for the World Food Programme. The premise is simple: the more you play, the more YOOZOO donates. For the GTarcade marathon, YOOZOO has set up a team in the World Food Programme app, ShareTheMeal. All funds raised in the #GTarcade team will go towards operations supported by the ShareTheMeal app.
YOOZOO Games said “For 10 years we’ve been incredibly fortunate to bring simple joy to millions of people around the world, through video games. The support we’ve received from our loyal fans has allowed us to support a variety of important causes. This year, we want to push the boundaries even further and help provide urgent support to those who truly need it the most.”
There are three ways that you can get involved with GTarcade’s Hunger Heroes event and help raise money in the fight against hunger:
1) Tweet a picture of your smile meal with the hashtag #GTarcadeHungerHeroes. For every tweet you send, YOOZOO games will donate one meal ($0.50) to WFP.
2) Join in the GTarcade gaming marathon. From August 12th to 18th, for every hour of livestream play YOOZOO Games will donate one meal to WFP. As an added ‘marathon bonus’ — 2 hours of livestream play will be also be rewarded with $10 in-game coins, while over 12 hours will yield $100 dollars’ worth of in-game coins.
3) Get exclusive in-game features by joining the Hunger Heroes Gaming Marathon. Collect four in-game treasure chests or wings, which can be exchanged for one meal donation to WFP. Players will then get to see their favourite characters turning those items into meals in the #GTarcade team in ShareTheMeal.
Videos You May Enjoy
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribal Wars 2 Battle Tactics: Discipline makes all the difference
- InnoGames discusses battle tactics in the upcoming Tribal Wars 2.
- Hirez Studios Teases New Unannounced FPS
- Hirez Studios just teased some out of focus footage of an unannounced FPS game during their Charity Stream.
- Forge of Empires Turns One Year Old
- InnoGames has launched its first birthday event for the popular strategy browser game Forge of Empires.