Windward Sets Sail for Windows, Mac, Linux on May 12th
Gamers who want to earn their sea legs can dive into Tasharen Entertainment’s Windward on May 12th, 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux. In this action-packed sandbox game, set on the high seas, players captain a ship sailing the open waters of a beautiful, large procedurally-generated world. Windward is currently available in Early Access.
Windward offers a plethora of gameplay possibilities. Gamers who prefer a more relaxing adventure can explore the unmapped crystal blue oceans filled with detailed marine life, resolve conflict through diplomacy or make their mark as a master merchant.
Players looking to get their adrenaline pumping in high-stakes combat can join a crew of scurvy scallywags online and plunder together as pirates, ally with an in-game faction that protects an area or go rogue and send NPCs to Davy Jones’ Locker in an immersive single player experience.
Specialization is key to survival and gaining an edge over the competition. With more than 100 talents, players can focus on three separate skill trees.
- Defense – the ideal class for large ships. Skills include the ability to turn faster, converting the vessel into a powerful turret on the open oceans, dealing more damage when standing still and increasing damage absorption as their health goes down.
- Offense – great for quick ships. Offense enables increased agility, reducing the opponent’s armor and greatly improving the damage done by allies.
- Support – the perfect team member. The crew of support vessels specialize in repairing ships quickly and providing benefits to other nearby allies – like putting out fires, repairing other ships to a greater extent than their own crews can and forcing enemies to get closer before they can attack.
“After more than four years of development, and plenty of blood, sweat and tears, I am thrilled to say Windward has an official launch date,” said Michael Lyashenko, founder, Tasharen Entertainment. “Every PC gamer can find something to love about the open world and endless possibilities of Windward, no matter what genres they love.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Roblox Full Review
- Roblox is an open ended, sand-box MMO that gives players all the freedom they could ask for.
- SMITE Pro League 2019 / Mid-Season Invitational Thoughts
- The SMITE 2019 Mid-Season Invitational Begins today (July 8th, 2019) and runs until July 11th, 2019. So let's talk about it!
- Supernova Launches Second Closed Beta Test
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America and Primal Game Studio have opened the second closed beta test for Supernova.