Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rumble Fighter Season 5 Approaches
- Rumble Fighter Unleashed is coming as GamesCampus reveals the first pieces of this massive update.
- Trove: Adventures Update Press Preview
- Yesterday I had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Trion Worlds’ Ted Sanger and Robin Luera, who both work on the MMORPG Trove.
- Ntreev USA Becomes SG Interactive
- Ntreev USA Becomes SG Interactive. Ntreev USA, the North American MMO publisher, is changing names. Players can now expect more games and bett...