Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Requiem introduces Korean players to North American service
- Today, Requiem makes the official introduction of Korean players, previously hosted on the Korean service of Requiem, into the North American ...
- Path of Exile Launches New Talisman Challenge Leagues
- Content Update 2.1.0 introduces Rigwald the Wolven King to the land of Wraeclast, along with the start of the new Talisman Challenge Leagues.
- Little Orbit Reveals Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends
- Valley of Peace residents will face off in the ultimate martial arts challenge...