Tribes Ascend launches Tartarus update
Tribes Ascend is launching its Tartarus update today.
The update introduces two new maps: Tartarus, a Capture the Flag map similar to Katabatic; and Hinterland, an Arena map featuring a shortage of inventory stations.
The update also includes the ability to configure four pre-established loadouts per class, and to quick switch between classes and loadouts by using a keybind. More of the patch notes are below.
Tribes Ascend is published by Hi-Rez Studios, which also publishes Global Agenda.
Tribes Ascend: Tartarus Preview
- A new CTF map has been added, Tartarus.
- A new Arena map has been added, Hinterlands.
- Users may now configure up to four pre-established loadouts per class. These can be used to more quickly switch between favored configurations for each class. Loadout slots are purchasable using XP or Gold.
- Users may now QUICK SWITCH between classes and loadouts while in a match using the “NUMPAD ENTER” key (default). This is an alternate way to change classes/loadouts versus using the Class Select menu (“I” Screen) that does not require you to open the game menu and is much faster.
- Users will now be presented with a customized “DEAL OF THE DAY.” This is a deal tailored to the individual and presents special pricing on an item that the user does not already own. The timer for the deal of the day resets at the same time as the timer for the First Win of the Day.
- The gold packages have been changed. The $30 and $50 packages now give significantly more bonus gold than previous, but do not include an XP booster. Users continue to earn permanent VIP status (which increases XP gain by 50% after their first real-money purchase).
- IMPORTANT USABILITY NOTE: With this release, you always close the console window using the ESCAPE key. You can no longer close the console window using the same key that launches the console (default “tilde”). This is necessary to solve issues when people rebind that key, as well as on some countries’ keyboard layouts.
- Shrike price reduced on public servers to 4000.
- Beowulf price reduced on public servers to 2500.
- Gravcycle price reduced on public servers to 500.
- Reduced the amount of knockback the flag receives from explosions in air (reducing punting).
- New Accolades have been added:
- Investor: Earned every 2 minutes that a Base Radar or Generator that you upgraded remains online.
- Turret Support: Earned if a Base Turret you upgraded gets a kill.
- Hot Air: Earned for getting a mid-air kill with the Plasma Gun. (Replaces Air-Mail).
- An exit speed cap of 200kph has been added to the Shrike.
- Fixed an issue in which the Pathfinder’s Thrust Pack could sometimes not correctly thrust the player.
- Fixed an issue in which the Pathfinder’s Light Assault Rifle was not always firing three rounds.
Custom Server Notes
- XP is now rewarded on password protected servers so long as at least 8 people participate in a match.
- Server owners can now choose between multiple spawn types. This includes Normal spawning, Naked Pathfinder, and Core spawning (Pathfinder, Soldier, and Juggernaut with unlocks).
- Fixed a bug in which configuration options would not be saved properly in some cases. This audio/video settings, custom servers, etc.
- Fixed a bug in which servers would go offline and require a manual restart after the overall game servers were restarted.
- Variety of other minor cleanups and fixes.
- Fixed an issue where the jet-only option for a keybind was jump jetting instead.
- Fixed an issue where the whiteout grenade could cause the permanent loss of IFF’s in certain situations.
- Deaths from hitting a player equipped with the Super Heavy perk will now play a splat sound.
- Fixed an issue where projectile explosion sounds and effects wouldn’t play in certain situations in close-quarter combat.
- Fixed an issue where inventory and vehicle stations weren’t properly updated when the generator went online or offline.
- Fixed an issue where meleeing while zoomed could cause the zoomed-in reticule to still be active after you released the zoom button.
- Fixed an issue where throwing a grenade while spawning a vehicle could leave the player without weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the firing sound would not properly stop on constant-fire weapons after a reload.
- Fixed an issue where de-cloaking with a call-in active would display the wrong active call-in information.
- Fixed an issue where reloading a weapon while zoomed would not properly resume zooming when the reload had finished.
- Vehicle stations have been added to Outskirts Capture and Hold.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle station markers were not displaying in Capture and Hold.
- Fixed an issue where player input wasn’t being properly reset at the end of a round in Arena.
- Fixed a client crash when placing deployables (i.e. Doombringer’s Force Field, Technician’s Light Turret, etc) in certain areas when roaming.
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t able to place a deployable on certain areas of the flag stand of Katabatic.
- Fixed various UI presentation bugs.
- Performance optimizations done on Arx Novena aqueducts.
- Fixed an issue with the voting keybinds, they have now been restored to their previous values (F5 for no, F6 for yes).
Articles You May Enjoy
- C9 Arrives On Steam
- Webzen has announced the launch of C9 (Continent of the Ninth Seal) on Steam.
- Soldier Front 2 Bringing Jaw-Dropping Team Warfare to North America
- Aeria Games announces its plans to bring Soldier Front's successor to their lineup.
- Jiang Hu: The Chaotic Age Launched Today for Conquer Online
- The eagerly awaited expansion for 2013, "Jiang Hu: The Chaotic Age", is finally making its debut on July 25th.