SMITE: Arriving soon on the Xbox One
Today during the gamescom 2014 Xbox news briefing, Hi-Rez Studios announced that SMITE, the acclaimed free-to-play third-person Action MOBA for the PC, will arrive on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program in 2015.
“SMITE’s high-action gameplay makes it unique among leading MOBAs in that it is incredibly fun and engaging to play on a console controller,” said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. “The Xbox One provides the perfect platform for us to bring the Battleground of the Gods to console gamers around the world.”
“As a third-person action game, SMITE is perfectly suited for the Xbox One controller”, said Chris Charla, Director of ID@Xbox for Microsoft. “We’re excited to feature a MOBA that fits our console audience in gameplay and look forward to Xbox gamers around the globe battling for dominance.”
Since launching on the PC in Europe and North America in March, 2014, SMITE has quickly established itself as one of the top games in the rapidly growing MOBA genre, with over 5 million players. Themed around gods of mythology, and offering a third-person camera and more game modes than any other leading game in its genre, the game provides a unique, action-packed experience that puts the player in the thick of the action.
For more info, visit http://www.smitegame.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Kingdom Under Fire II Announces Persistent Open Beta in May
- The grand moment of Kingdom Under Fire II's full launch has finally revealed itself!
- Twin Saga Launch Review
- So what is Twin Saga? It’s an MMO from X-Legend, so that’s a pretty big deal.
- EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha Up; NDA down
- Recently, Sony Online Entertainment has released their alpha build for EverQuest Next Landmark. NDA has been dropped.