RuneScape: Player heat maps released
Jagex, creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, have today released two new heats maps that visually depict player activity before and after the recent launch of The Lost City of the Elves expansion pack. Captured as part of the city’s doors opening mid-morning on the 22nd September 2014, they represent an aggregation of all global server populations and utilise a logarithmic scale to represent groups of players.
Divided into two framed sequences the maps provide a visual representation of activity throughout the game’s world of Gielinor, as well as a more detailed overview of activity within the city of Prifddinas itself. In the first map, the surge of players moving towards the gates of the city can be clearly seen prior to them opening. Providing a more localised view, the second map depicts the locations and activities that most attracted their interest once they were inside the city.
The Lost City of the Elves is the epic conclusion of a quest chain that players first learned about 10 years ago, and culminates with access to a host of exciting new areas to explore, each packed with fresh features for experienced characters to engage with.
For more info, visit http://www.runescape.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Conquer Online: King of Kung Fu Launches on October 30th
- After months of waiting, Free to play MMORPG Conquer Online has finally announced their new expansion, bringing the arrival of an anticipated ...
- MU Origin’s Official Launch Date Set for July 28
- Starting from July 28th, MU Origin will be available to download for free on iOS and Android in the Americas and Europe excluding Russia.
- 2014 MMO Predictions – The Rise of Non-Linear MMOs
- It’s becoming more apparent that gamers are getting burnt out on MMOs altogether, mainly due to how restricted MMOs have been come. Mikedot ...