RuneScape: Player heat maps released
Jagex, creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, have today released two new heats maps that visually depict player activity before and after the recent launch of The Lost City of the Elves expansion pack. Captured as part of the city’s doors opening mid-morning on the 22nd September 2014, they represent an aggregation of all global server populations and utilise a logarithmic scale to represent groups of players.
Divided into two framed sequences the maps provide a visual representation of activity throughout the game’s world of Gielinor, as well as a more detailed overview of activity within the city of Prifddinas itself. In the first map, the surge of players moving towards the gates of the city can be clearly seen prior to them opening. Providing a more localised view, the second map depicts the locations and activities that most attracted their interest once they were inside the city.
The Lost City of the Elves is the epic conclusion of a quest chain that players first learned about 10 years ago, and culminates with access to a host of exciting new areas to explore, each packed with fresh features for experienced characters to engage with.
For more info, visit http://www.runescape.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hazard Ops: New PvP Modes for Closed Beta
- After a successful first two weeks in closed beta, the first update to the brutal third-person shooting game, Hazard Ops is now live. Appropri...
- Chrono Tales Begins Open Beta
- Chrono Tales has begun its open beta, introducing its first Server named "Chroland" and launching with various events for all player...
- NeuroGaming Conference & Expo Announces Live Stream via Twitch.TV
- The Neurotechnology Industry Organization (NIO), a leading neuroscience trade association, announced today it will be broadcasting the main co...