Ring of Elysium Announces First Esports Tournament – Global Thailand Invitational
Ring of Elysium’s developers announced today that they are preparing their first international esports event. Taking place in Bangkok Thailand in April, fifteen professional ROE teams will participate. Teams from NA, EU, Thailand, China, and Taiwan will meet to compete at the highest level. The battles will all take place on the Europa Island map, and players can use the BMX bike, grappling hook and hang glider to traverse this paradise and do battle with each other. They will be using a “boarding points” system, shown above, to bring a new competitive esports experience.
The format of this event is separated into two stages: 4 TPP games and then 4 FPP games. The final placement and winner is judged by using the points system. The characteristic victory condition of ROE, which is boarding the evacuation helicopter (up to 4 winners), will be integrated into the points system in this event. In addition to the ranking points and kill points of each game, the number of boarding members is also part of the points calculation.
Various interesting scenarios, such as “sneaking onto the heli” and “defending the heli”, will be presented by the top teams, affecting the overall ranking and the intense situation of each endgame. The participating teams in all regions have developed various tactics according to ROE’s unique play-rules, making the competition even more worth expecting.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Walking Dead: March to War News - Survivor System Detailed
- The Disruptor Beam team behind The Walking Dead: March to War has provided new details today revealing a key game system, the Survivor System.
- SEVENCORE Available Now on WEBZEN.COM
- WEBZEN, a global developer and publisher of free-to-play games, has announced free-to-play MMORPG SEVENCORE is available now on its global gam...
- The Closed Beta of Champions of Titan Begins Today
- IDC/Games announced today that their new type of MMORPG, Champions of Titan, begins their Closed Beta Test today.