Ring of Elysium Announces First Esports Tournament – Global Thailand Invitational
Ring of Elysium’s developers announced today that they are preparing their first international esports event. Taking place in Bangkok Thailand in April, fifteen professional ROE teams will participate. Teams from NA, EU, Thailand, China, and Taiwan will meet to compete at the highest level. The battles will all take place on the Europa Island map, and players can use the BMX bike, grappling hook and hang glider to traverse this paradise and do battle with each other. They will be using a “boarding points” system, shown above, to bring a new competitive esports experience.
The format of this event is separated into two stages: 4 TPP games and then 4 FPP games. The final placement and winner is judged by using the points system. The characteristic victory condition of ROE, which is boarding the evacuation helicopter (up to 4 winners), will be integrated into the points system in this event. In addition to the ranking points and kill points of each game, the number of boarding members is also part of the points calculation.
Various interesting scenarios, such as “sneaking onto the heli” and “defending the heli”, will be presented by the top teams, affecting the overall ranking and the intense situation of each endgame. The participating teams in all regions have developed various tactics according to ROE’s unique play-rules, making the competition even more worth expecting.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Loadout is locked & loaded for January 31st
- Edge of Reality, developers of the upcoming Free-to-Play shooter Loadout, today announced that the game will officially be available on Friday...
- Forge of Empires begins closed beta
- InnoGames has launched the closed beta for Forge of Empires.
- Armored Warfare: PvE mission details revealed
- Obsidian Entertainment has revealed more information about Armored Warfare’s Missions on the Player vs. Environment (PvE) mode.