Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive Now Available on PS4
5pb./Mages, developer of the Phantom Breaker series and Steins;Gate, the most acclaimed visual novel of all time, announces that its latest title, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive, is available today on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4.
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive is a cooperative, side-scrolling beat’em up. But don’t mistaken it for just another brawler. Its got an in-depth combat system thanks to roots stretching back to the hit 2D fighting game Phantom Breaker. Its cast of four playable characters from Phantom Breaker (Mikoto, Waka, Itsuki and Yuzuha), and Makise Kurisu of Steins;Gate guest starring as a DLC character, sport moves any fighting game player would recognize — burst gauges, dodges, guard breaks, and more. As your character levels up, you’ll apply skill points to gain new abilities and hit harder and faster!
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds was previously released to great success for the Xbox 360® system, PlayStation®Vita, and Steam (PC). Its newest incarnation comes swinging onto the PlayStation®4 with a slew of new features!
What’s new for the PlayStation 4 release:
- New skills and abilities for deeper character customization: Triple Jumps, Air Dash Attacks, Shadow Clones, and more!
- Increased chaos: Levels now have gigantic hordes of enemies flooding the screen, and the item drops to match.
- Alternate routes: Discover secret routes that lead you to new items, different enemies, and new skills!
- New Items: Out Range and Aura Items can now be combined to expand your tactical options.
- Newly arranged music: Now leveled up by the PS4! Incredible arrangements with 8 FM synthesis tones and 1 ADPCM tone!
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive for PlayStation®4 will retail for $14.99. The Makise Kurisu DLC retails for $5.99.
- Story Mode: Battle through 8 deadly stages filled with crazy enemies. Level up your characters to unlock devastating new skills and build up your attack strength, defense, and speed.
- Arcade Mode: Test your skill for the best scores and times, and compare them against the world on global leaderboards.
- Co-op Mode: Play with up to 4 players with online and local multiplayer.
- Battleground Mode: Enjoy a fierce battle royale using your leveled up characters.
- Fight as Itsuki, Yuzuha, Waka, and Mikoto from Phantom Breaker, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Play as Makise Kurisu from popular anime and game series Steins;Gate, available as DLC at launch.
More information can be found on the official website at http://5pb.jp/games/pbbgod/en/.
Articles You May Enjoy
- EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha Up; NDA down
- Recently, Sony Online Entertainment has released their alpha build for EverQuest Next Landmark. NDA has been dropped.
- EVE Online Releases First Half of Summer of Sov Update
- Today Carnyx was deployed as the first half of EVE Online's "Summer of Sov." In June and July, EVE's stars will alight wit...
- The Crew Beta Preview
- The Crew gives you the pleasure of being a solid all around racing game. Because the game is an open world game in the style of an MMO, it cat...