New USSR MiG Fighters Take Flight in World of Warplanes
Wargaming today announced the launch of content update 1.6 for its massively multiplayer aviation combat game World of Warplanes. The update adds a new line of Tier 5 and higher Russian MiG fighters as well as revamps the currently existing plane roster by adding a new multirole class of warplanes for ultimate player freedom and customization.
Known for their breakneck speed and power, the Russian MiG line of jets helped define an entire era of aircraft combat. Starting at Tier 5, the new line of aircraft includes the MiG-3, MiG-9 and the legendary MiG-15bis, one of the world’s first swept wing jet fighters to be ever produced and find success in the skies of battle.
Update 1.6 will also see major changes in the creation of a brand new class of warbird—the multirole fighter. Made specifically for players looking for fighters with a balance between both air and ground combat, the new multirole class will allow them to outfit planes with armaments balanced between high caliber guns and ground destroying bombs and rockets. Previous aircraft in the fighter class, as a result, have now been designated as pure aerial combat dogfighters, which will also benefit from new balance changes for both cannons and machine guns.
Lastly, the El Halluf map will see its boundaries extended, providing a more ample landscape for battle.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes of the Storm Launch Review
- HotS is not a LoL-killer. It stands out on its own merits, without trying to crush the competition.
- Elsword's New Secret Dungeon: Hamel's Temple of Trials
- Delve into the Secret Dungeon of Hamel, Temple of Trials, in Elsword's latest update.
- Free-to-play News in Review - 10/2/2015
- What looked like it might be a quiet week for our little niche of gaming news still ended up leaving us with some gems to report on.