Nether Adds First Community Selected Features in New Content Update
First-Person Urban Survival game Nether is giving early access fans what they’ve been asking for…literally, by releasing a bevy of new features chosen by the community, including a subway system that allows alternative routes for exploration, a wing glider that can be used for flying from rooftop to rooftop, and a new massive nether character. These features are the first in a series of ongoing content updates that are being developed in conjunction with community feedback and voting.
All new features include:
- — A Subway System – a brand new subterranean tunnel system that adds a whole new layer of depth to the decimated cityscape
- — A Wing Glider – allows players to make quick getaways or tactical moves by flying from rooftops to lower level roofs or platforms
- — A New Nether – heavy, Golem enemy, massive in size and damage, requiring cooperative play to bring it down
- — New “Surge” Objective – a new world-objective that has players kill a mini-boss that attacks random areas of the city for an experience boost
- — New in-game items, including a flashlight, compass, road flare and smoke grenades
Nether will continue using player input on features for future updates and fans can currently vote here to determine if the next update will include either a helicopter or motorbike as an in-game mode of transportation.
“Our goal with Nether has always been to create content and a gaming experience that includes the community,” said Chip Sineni, Creative Director at Phosphor Games. “Since launching Nether into early access we’ve received tremendous feedback from our fans and we’re psyched to release the first set of public-driven features for everyone to enjoy.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Square Enix and Bigpoint announce Gameglobe
- Square Enix and Bigpoint have partnered together to offer Gameglobe, an online game platform.
- Rusty Hearts previews new character and raid
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced a new content update coming to Rusty Hearts on March 22.
- Project Zomboid Multiplayer Preview
- Project Zomboid sticks out as being the most individual of the bunch of survival horror titles. And with the recent push to finally add multip...