Gazillion Reveals What’s in Store for Marvel Heroes 2016
Yesterday Gazillion treated a room full of gamers at New York Comic Con to a sneak preview, and today it’s official: Marvel Heroes 2015 – the super-powered free-to-play action-RPG for PC and Mac – will level up to Marvel Heroes 2016 this December. Whereas the rebrand to Marvel Heroes 2015 focused on turning things around (the game’s Metacritic rating skyrocketed from 58 to 81 after a number of key adjustments to content and pricing model), Marvel Heroes 2016 represents an initiative to continue this momentum with releases of new tent-pole additions on a regular basis.
Full details will be provided in the weeks to come – they’re far too many for one mere press release to handle – but highlights of some of the most notable features to be released include the following, beginning this December and throughout 2016:
- “Secret Invasion” Story Chapter: Battle alien Skrulls of all shapes and sizes, including the Super-Skrull himself, Kl’rt, who makes his long-awaited, much requested Marvel Heroes debut.
- Controller Support: One of the community’s most requested features.
- Visual Updates: Revamped looks for characters introduced during Marvel Heroes’ 2013 launch window.
- Leaderboards: Something new and interesting to do every night. Tournaments and Seasons will grow out of this eventually.
- Steam Achievements: Players loved the new in-game achievements added to Marvel Heroes 2015 – now, the feature extends to Steam with nearly 100 of them.
- Mac Out of Beta: The Mac version has been in beta for over a year now. Not anymore.
- “All-New All-Different” Material: Keeping things current with what is happening in the greater Marvel landscape to a greater degree than ever, such as the current “All-New All-Different” comics, while still also continuing to honor over 75 years of comic history.
- Meanwhile, other exciting material is planned for the months to follow the December launch:
- Savage Land Patrol Zone: A never-ending gauntlet of dinosaurs, sadistic mutates and more!
- Thanos Raid: The Mad Titan makes his Marvel Heroes debut.
- More! Stay tuned for further announcements.
In addition to this abundance of new content, players can expect the continuous flow of new playable characters (now numbering more than 50!), team-up heroes, pets and more to proceed as they’ve grown accustomed to over the past two years.
“I truly believe our game is better than ever now, and the rebrand to Marvel Heroes 2016 represents our never-ending initiative to continue improving for the next year and beyond,” says Gazillion Studio Director Jeff Lind. “As game developers, we’re privileged with the great power to create an action-RPG set in the Marvel Universe; with that comes our inherent responsibility to Marvel’s millions of fans to deliver an excellent product that only gets better with the more we add to it. ”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Crusaders of Light: A Stand-Out Mobile/PC MMO
- I very seldom find myself playing mobile MMOs but Crusaders of Light is an exception to that.
- Legacy Quest: New Rougelike Mobile Game From Nexon M
- Nexon Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”), a worldwide leader in free-to-play mobile games, and Socialspiel Entertainment GmbH (“Socialspiel”), a Vien...
- iRacing Review (PC)
- iRacing is a game that is sticking around, and it can be the home for many serious racers.