Steam Greenlight On Chopping Block for Valve
During Steam Dev Days this week, Gabe Newell announced that Valve is planning to make Steam’s Greenlight feature “go away.”
For those unfamiliar with the feature, Steam Greenlight allows developers to place their games up for community vote on Steam. Those who get vetted by community votes are then able to place their game or product on Steam when it is ready for release. It is most popularly used by independent developers.
There’s no word yet as to what Valve intends to “evolve” Greenlight into, as they have admitted its usefulness but have laid no plans or options for its replacement.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Throw Trucks with your Mind Set to Launch Matchmaking
- Players will now be able to match up against others from around the world in Squish Match, Capture the Fridge, and King of the Hill. While the...
- Escape from Tarkov News - Extended Alpha Launched
- Battlestate Games announced that Escape from Tarkov, their MMOFPS, has entered extended alpha and will be accepting more players.
- Stardew Valley Game Review
- When you first create a character in Stardew Valley, it seems so generic. Where are the sliders? Initial impressions deceive...