Steam Greenlight On Chopping Block for Valve
During Steam Dev Days this week, Gabe Newell announced that Valve is planning to make Steam’s Greenlight feature “go away.”
For those unfamiliar with the feature, Steam Greenlight allows developers to place their games up for community vote on Steam. Those who get vetted by community votes are then able to place their game or product on Steam when it is ready for release. It is most popularly used by independent developers.
There’s no word yet as to what Valve intends to “evolve” Greenlight into, as they have admitted its usefulness but have laid no plans or options for its replacement.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 Surprises Fans with Heart of Thorns Release Date
- ArenaNet confirmed today that Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns will launch on October 23, 2015.
- Armored Warfare: New Tanks and Map Available
- This update includes new Asian machines of destruction that will battle in close quarter combat in the coastal urban areas of the newest map
- PlanetSide 2's PS4 Closed Beta Arrives January 20
- The first wave of PlayStation®4 players is set to deploy to Auraxis on January 20, 2015.