Steam Greenlight On Chopping Block for Valve
During Steam Dev Days this week, Gabe Newell announced that Valve is planning to make Steam’s Greenlight feature “go away.”
For those unfamiliar with the feature, Steam Greenlight allows developers to place their games up for community vote on Steam. Those who get vetted by community votes are then able to place their game or product on Steam when it is ready for release. It is most popularly used by independent developers.
There’s no word yet as to what Valve intends to “evolve” Greenlight into, as they have admitted its usefulness but have laid no plans or options for its replacement.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Top 5 Best Action MMORPGs (2009)
- Looking to play an Action MMORPG? Play one of the top 5 best action MMORPGs on the net. We have them all reviewed with screenshots, videos and
- 2017 - The Year of the Sandbox MMOs Dawns
- Last year was a mixed bag. A (small) handful of interesting MMOs came out.
- Monster Legacy Review
- MMOHuts's Ojogo reviews Monster Legacy, a Pokemon-style mobile game from Outplay.