Steam Greenlight On Chopping Block for Valve
During Steam Dev Days this week, Gabe Newell announced that Valve is planning to make Steam’s Greenlight feature “go away.”
For those unfamiliar with the feature, Steam Greenlight allows developers to place their games up for community vote on Steam. Those who get vetted by community votes are then able to place their game or product on Steam when it is ready for release. It is most popularly used by independent developers.
There’s no word yet as to what Valve intends to “evolve” Greenlight into, as they have admitted its usefulness but have laid no plans or options for its replacement.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Holidays Arrive in InnoGames
- InnoGames has announced new holiday-themed events for its MMOs this season.
- Hungry Pets Revolt In Grand Chase
- SG Interactive has announced a new event dungeon for players of Grand Chase.
- SOE and Innova Systems Partner to Bring PlanetSide 2 to Russia
- SOE announced a new partnership with the leading publisher of client-based MMO games in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS...