Steam Greenlight On Chopping Block for Valve
During Steam Dev Days this week, Gabe Newell announced that Valve is planning to make Steam’s Greenlight feature “go away.”
For those unfamiliar with the feature, Steam Greenlight allows developers to place their games up for community vote on Steam. Those who get vetted by community votes are then able to place their game or product on Steam when it is ready for release. It is most popularly used by independent developers.
There’s no word yet as to what Valve intends to “evolve” Greenlight into, as they have admitted its usefulness but have laid no plans or options for its replacement.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hi-Rez Studios Begins Breaking into the Games Industry series
- Hi-Rez Studios - developers of SMITE, Global Agenda, and Tribes Ascend, is now publishing a new video series on its SMITE YouTube, called &quo...
- More Ships Setting Sail for New World – Salem
- The New World is expanding! Paradox Interactive and Seatribe today announced that Salem: The Crafting MMO, PC Free-to-play, has launched two a...
- League of Legends Prepares for New 6v6 Trial Mode
- Soon Summoners Rift's meta will be torn wide open when teams are thrust in a new way of playing League of Legends. We're talking sam...