Steam Greenlight On Chopping Block for Valve
During Steam Dev Days this week, Gabe Newell announced that Valve is planning to make Steam’s Greenlight feature “go away.”
For those unfamiliar with the feature, Steam Greenlight allows developers to place their games up for community vote on Steam. Those who get vetted by community votes are then able to place their game or product on Steam when it is ready for release. It is most popularly used by independent developers.
There’s no word yet as to what Valve intends to “evolve” Greenlight into, as they have admitted its usefulness but have laid no plans or options for its replacement.
Articles You May Enjoy
- WEBZEN Launches MU Legend Frontier Packs/Celebrates Stress Test
- WEBZEN, a global developer, and publisher of free-to-play games has today confirmed that the stress test was a success!
- SOE Live 2014 Registration Now Open
- Sony Online Entertainment announces the opening of registration for the annual SOE Live event, held in Las Vegas.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Now Available Worldwide
- Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition is now available worldwide.