Steam Greenlight On Chopping Block for Valve
During Steam Dev Days this week, Gabe Newell announced that Valve is planning to make Steam’s Greenlight feature “go away.”
For those unfamiliar with the feature, Steam Greenlight allows developers to place their games up for community vote on Steam. Those who get vetted by community votes are then able to place their game or product on Steam when it is ready for release. It is most popularly used by independent developers.
There’s no word yet as to what Valve intends to “evolve” Greenlight into, as they have admitted its usefulness but have laid no plans or options for its replacement.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wushu: Global Championships Tournament
- Read more about Age of Wushu's Global Championship Tournament!
- Kabam, Disney, and Lucasfilm Announce Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars™: Uprising is coming this fall 2015 to mobile devices from Kabam in collaboration with Disney and Lucasfilm
- World of Tanks Independence Day Promotions
- Independence Day is just around the corner and we wanted to fill you in on a number of special in-game World of Tanks offers, from experience ...