Neverwinter Enters Open Beta
Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios are proud to announce that the most anticipated free MMORPG of 2013, Dungeons & Dragons® Neverwinter, is officially in Open Beta. Free to download and play, Neverwinter is built for gamers who crave more action combat, adventure and glory out of MMOs.
The major milestone of Open Beta marks the beginning of unrestricted access to Neverwinter and its content creation system, the Foundry, along with no further character wipes. All skill upgrades, profession choices, personal customizations, companions and mounts are persistent and shape the way adventurers rebuild the city of Neverwinter, saving it from Valindra Shadowmantle’s evil forces. Neverwinter’s Foundry further enables and empowers gamers and authors to create their own unique adventures, publish their own self-generated content directly to the game world, review the missions and quests of others and even tip creators with in-game currency.
“After four successful Beta Weekends and many months of internal Alpha tests, we are thrilled to be in Open Beta,” said Cryptic Studios Executive Producer and COO, Craig Zinkievich. “On behalf of the entire team at Perfect World and Cryptic Studios, I’d like to thank the Founders, Beta Weekend participants, Alpha testers, fans, and press for their feedback and continued support in making Neverwinter the best game we’ve ever launched.”
Open Beta also brings a new feature to the Neverwinter community. Neverwinter’s Gateway is a web portal that allows players to remotely access in-game status information via their desktops, tablets, or smartphones. In its initial state, players can craft, view their characters, buy and sell in the Auction House, monitor guild activity and daily events, and access their mailboxes.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Galaxy of Trian enters semi-open beta on iOS, Android & PC
- Other Games has today announced that they will be expanding the beta for digital science fiction strategy board game Galaxy of Trian.
- Uncharted Waters Celebrates Second Anniverary And New Expansion
- CJ Games Global is kicking off second anniversary celebrations for Uncharted Waters Online.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Going Free-To-Play
- BioWare has announced that it will be adding a free-to-play option for Star Wars: The Old Republic this fall.